Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I just wanted to tell someone...

Poster: A snowHead
I know it's not much and you guys have been doing it for ages - but...
I did a red run today - my first and on my own (White Lady - icyish) . I stayed upright and in control (although I did put in quite a lot of turns.) I worked really hard on edging and staying forward - and I've been doing a touch-the-ankle thing during the turn, mainly just to take my mind off my imminent death.
But it all worked and although my legs hurt, I am very very happy.....
That's all.
(I fell at the queue. I always do that.)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done Sofia
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sofia, snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Congratulations! snowHead Sounds good.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sofia, well done you, I haven't been doing them myself for that long and can also still remember my first red (Christine in heavy un bashed deep fresh snow)- I guess you might call it your 'red letter day'. I found the sense of accomplishment self fulfilling, but you might not truly convince yourself until you've done the same run twice wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sofia, Fantastic - well done. Have yourself a well deserved (extra) glass of something to celebrate. Very Happy snowHead

Oh, and..
Quote:

...mainly just to take my mind off my imminent death.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sofia, congratulations! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well done!
And a proper scottish icy red at that. Pristine pisted alpine ones will be a piece of cake in comparison wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sofia, nice one and very well done - not just any red either, The White Lady no less snowHead

wigan, lol Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aw thanks everyone! That's just what I needed - and nice messages to wake up to.
I have woken up with thighs that feel like they're full of car parts - I'm walking like Metal Mickey.
Must try to relax; stack myself and trust my edges more - then my thighs would have an easier time!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice one Sofia. We were up there yesterday as well and the pistes were a mite hard in places.

lol, i got onto one lift and the liftie looked down and saw my hardsides on my feet "good day for the powder skis" he said Puzzled

I had to explain that they were my only skis Very Happy

Good on you getting down the white lady yesterday though if it was your first red! Funny how slopes look a hell of a lot steeper when there's exposed rocks all the way down one side!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TBH. I have probably skiied bits of slope with a reddish quality before but never one top to bottom of that length. It didn't take very long (of course it wouldn't - it's fast!) and I didn't have any moments where I thought 'I can't do this' but afterwards a the base station I looked back up at the White Lady and felt a bit dizzy; I couldn't believe I'd done it.
Yes it's definietly rocky - the ones you can see are fine - it's the ones lurking just under the surface than are the killer.
More snow forecast this week! Then I'll try White Lady again! (When I can walk properly!). Will have another celebration when I do a black! heh
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sofia, are you joining the Snowheads meet @ Cairngorm on the 26th/27th?

Depending on whether I have my youngest in tow I might be doing some Ciste reds with a few people and maybe blacks (depending on the snow he should be okay on the reds but I don't want to take him down blacks!)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow yes, I could do. My son is doing the Snowlimits course, and all going well with snow and weather, we should be up there 27th. I have to say that I did the White Lady very much in my own time (slowly!) Hopefully by the 27th I should be up to speed. I'm hoping to get another lesson - so will get my teacher to do some red work! I don't think I'll be doing blacks this season - should really consolidate what I've achieved this year.

Thanks roga, !
snow report
Sofia wrote:
I know it's not much and you guys have been doing it for ages - but...
I did a red run today - my first and on my own (White Lady - icyish) . I stayed upright and in control (although I did put in quite a lot of turns.) I worked really hard on edging and staying forward - and I've been doing a touch-the-ankle thing during the turn, mainly just to take my mind off my imminent death.
But it all worked and although my legs hurt, I am very very happy.....
That's all.
(I fell at the queue. I always do that.)

Haha me too in austria Happy

it was calling me towards the end of the week and thought if I dont try it ill regret it! About a million turns but i did it!

Also did the fallng thing...when i got to the bottom skied in a circle to look back up then turned round again to head to the lift and got the skis crossed and face planted the floor Embarassed
snow report
WELL DONE korgscrew! I'm going back up to Cairngorm tomorrow and I'm almost scared to do White Lady again incase I jinx my first good attempt!
That 'falling at the bottom thing' is weird - maybe it's because our legs are tired and also I was a bit disorientated in terms of what was vertical and horizontal! Did you do the same run again?
ski holidays
Sofia, I hope I see you next weekend snowHead I started skiing in 2008 and have had quite a bit of coaching but see Cairngorm as a challenge because I know it's very different from anything I have skied before! I am glad roga, wil be there snowHead
ski holidays
I'm glad Roga will be there too! Maybe he can hold our hands! I did the Ciste Gully today, which was fun. The traverse back to the West Wall poma was NOT fun - my legs never quite recovered after that. I must find some exercises I can do to attack my thighs....
BTW, snow very claggy at Cairngorm today. We'll have to do some frost dances to make sure we're not all trying to navigate through porridge next weekend. Will PM you my mobile
snow report
Iski, Sofia, I'm glad I'll be there too Toofy Grin

Yeah, bit warm today and forecast to be warm through to Thursday evening when the temps will hopefully drop and some light snow may fall into the weekend. Just hang on in there because we'll have some warm winds for a couple of days which may look nasty on the webcams but I'm reliably informed that there's an excellent depth of snow in all the right places so fingers crossed! It's gonna be a good old Scottish roller-coaster for a few days! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy