Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need Help Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we have the 1st 2 weeks booked off in April to go skiing. We live in Geneva so would normally try and stay local but due to the poor snow season we want to try and find somewhere that's actually got more than ice and scottish snow to ski on!

We are happy to try any country but are wary about flying far away (eg Japan) if we've now missed the best of the season!

There are 4 of us and are all happy anywhere on a mountain but preferably shoogling down the sides or finding some fresh stuff.

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snoozie, snow record in April has been pretty good in the last few years so you could do worse than a monster European road trip to take in some new places and you only need to look at the recent Arlberg TR's to see there's some tasty snow over there. If you cross the pond head to Canada
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, 71 reads and 1 reply.
Come on guys, someone must have some ideas Very Happy
Gsyfreerider, Thanks for the advice. Had thought about Lech so could be a goer although it looks frickin expensive!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wait and see. There's still plenty of time for a monster dump on your local hills.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snoozie, Scottish snow is great when it is on the ground I'll have you know.

What do you need/want in terms of a nightlife and hotels?

It's good to ski at home but I like getting out of the country and Europe some of the time. Some of you lot should try it Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi scotia,

I grew up skiing Glenshee every weekend since I was knee high so know and love that crazy Scottish snow and the patches of mud in between wink

What I really want is awesome snow Very Happy If I had that I'd give up on pretty much any kind of nightlife!

I'm happy to wait and see what the snow does here but have serious doubts about it although last Sunday does tell me it doesn't take long to get the season back on track!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snoozie, your non-specific thread title isn't helpful to people taking a quick glance at the forum. That may be restricting the number of replies.

Why not edit it (by editing the subject line of your initial post) to say something like "Suggestions for great snow in early April please"

Last April in Alta we had 200cm of powder fall in 6 days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another reason why you may not have gotten a lot of responses is because many of us don't feel that confident predicting next months weather.

As Gsyfreerider said, the best snow in April may be local...or it could be in Colorado, Utah, Tahoe, Japan, etc. The year I spent in BSM France, snow was good early, then nothing mid-Jan to early March, then regular dumps the rest of the season. It obviously helps to have a good base to open up more lines, but things can change pretty quickly in terms of snow quality.

If powder snow is your top priority, then book last minute. This probably will not cost you in terms of lodging in April, but may mean missing the best airfare deals.

If you have to decide in advance, then I would either stay home/nearby and ski local or go for a place that currently has a nice base and a good April track record (which is often correlated with high altitude in the spring). Not sure in Europe & Japan, but in the states Mammoth, Tahoe, Utah and Colorado would probably be your best bets as all have above average bases and are known for their spring skiing. Tony Crocker's Best Bets for Late (and Post) Season Snow, March 15, 1998 Issue might help some. It can be found at http://bestsnow.net/ or http://gator1314.hostgator.com/~bestsnow/latesnow.htm
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy