Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

keeping warm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I've recently bought a dc servo jacket for skiing, I've upgraded from my first ski jacket which was dare2be.

i used to wear a thermal top with t-shirt over that and then my old jacket. This new one has a fair bit less padding, and at the chill factore does feel a little colder.

Whats the best way to keep warm, i hate being cold. I was thinking of wearing hoody underneath or is that a bad idea?

Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A hoody can be a real pain with the hood interfering with the hood of the jacket. If it snows or you fall over the fabric from the hoody will get pretty wet too. Just chuck a fleece over your thermal layer, you can get super cheap one from Primark, the Gap can be good value or TK Maxx. FWIW I can't wear cotton when I'm skiing, once it's even slightly damp it never dries and is heavy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lots of money - get an Icebreak base layer- I don't need a midlayer when wearing one...

On a budget - Tesco Value fleeces, or Primark as Parlor says.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or see if your local Aldi has any merino base layer stuff left (2 of mine did a couple of weeks ago). I was plenty warm enough in just one of their short sleeved tops and my jacket down to about -10 last week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a Nike acg goretex shell with no padding, and I can confirm that crazy_skier_jules, is on the money, I wear an icebreaker baselayer and a t-shirt and i'm warm as hell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy