Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Links from Samoens to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, we're off to Samoens soon and I'm a bit concerned about the reliability of the links between Samoens and the other resorts such as Flaine. I've read that they're often closed due to wind etc! We're taking our 2 yr old son who will be in creche in Samoens and I'm worried about getting stuck in another resort if the links are closed during the day.

Does anyone know if there are busses from Flaine to Samoens in such circumstances? Can anyone put my mind at rest or to be on the safe side I should stick to the Samoens area?

thanks in advance

Mac
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac - there are no direct buses between Flaine and Samoens - that said, you only need to catch 2 lifts to get to Samoens from Flaine (Grand Vans & Corblanche) which I've never seen closed (although I've seen a lot of people miss the lift closing time) even in bad weather when the likes of the DMC are not running
If you do have a problem, then its probably worth cadging a lift to Les Molliets and trying the lift from there before paying the full taxi fare to get back.
I don't know how reliable the lifts between Sameons and Sameons 1600 are though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
janner wrote:
I don't know how reliable the lifts between Sameons and Sameons 1600 are though

Apart from mechanical breakdowns I've never seen it closed... if it did I imagine they're run the buses up to 1600 and back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never seen those two closed either but if you can get from the top of grand van going past corblanche and follow the blue on the right down to molliet and then top of molliet down to morillon and bus to samoens.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd also like to add that the links are only closed when there is very strong wind. If you do need to get back from Morillon to Samoens then there is usually a taxi at the bottom on the telecabin which is very reasonable (approx 5 euro per head) to get back to Samoens. If the taxi isn't waiting there is a advert for it on the pole at the bus stop. Hope you have a great time!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
michele, Welcome to snowheads snowHead I've never had a problem piste touring in the GM - other than some big queues at pinch points (in and out of Flaine) near the end of the day. Give yourself plenty of time and shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If it's open, you can ski the blue (14km) down to sixt and get the bus from there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike G, +1 although check time of the last bus from Sixt to Samoens.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not had exactly the problem you ask about but I have been stuck in Samoens trying to get back to Flaine when lifts closed due to wind about 10 years ago -we got so far then had to walk uphill for the last bit!! We had cheated as the link out was closed and we thought we were being clever getting the bus round. The buses do run round between resorts but it takes quite a long time. Best to check out the timetables before you head off - but as others say its only a potential problem in very windy weather.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys, you've put my mind at rest a bit. Think i was worrying about nothing Happy

Now my next question, how do I make it snow in the alps next week?

Mac snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Now my next question, how do I make it snow in the alps next week?

A possibly more urgent question is how do you stop it raining? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you got stuck up top at Flaine can't you just skoosh down les Cascades and then the bus from Sixt back to Samoens? After a couple of restorative beers in the see pub?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike G wrote:
If it's open, you can ski the blue (14km) down to sixt and get the bus from there.

Ah - just spotted this!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy