Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I give up, my life is in ruins, I am pointless.

Poster: A snowHead
2 Podiums on the FWT today in Sochi, were done in rental Boots, Henrik and Erik, due to kit being lost (ahem) in Russia.
Full report here.
http://www.freerideworldtour.com/news-detail/items/wildcard-asmund-thorsen-and-douds-charlet-win-day-1-in-sochi.html

Oh yeah, Cham had a first, get in Dooodle.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.freerideworldtour.com/results-recap.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I give up, my life is in ruins, I am pointless.

Nahhh, there's still a ton of punters out there that are looking for any reason to explain there sh!te skiing, boots usually get it pretty highly - you've spent so long telling us boots are the key to skiing success you'll be fine.

What would be more interesting for those boys on the FWT is not if they had their own gear, but if they were riding with their own balls. I suggest no podium finishes for any one on rental balls, even if they are a size too big.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor wrote:
Nahhh, there's still a ton of punters out there that are looking for any reason to explain there sh!te skiing, boots usually get it pretty highly

Nah, we don't blame the boots, we blame the boot fitters Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They've just announced they will scrap today' score and start a fresh tomorrow. Unbelievable. Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I swear the FWT smokes too much crack.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
They've just announced they will scrap today' score and start a fresh tomorrow. Unbelievable. Puzzled

Why? And what's with the repeated delays to today's start?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most of the field yesterday were not skiing on the right equipment, mostly rental kit, so enough riders voted for a rescheduled second day, so the two days scores will be aggregated. Arguments for and against to be honest. It's a bit disappointing for some, good for others. IMO this has been to help some of the bigger names catch up to try and get more of them through to Verbier and the finals. Probably very wrong and cynical on my part.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmmm... that harks back to the age old debate about how much of an athlete's success (or failure) can be attributed to gear, skill and mental attitude. The fact that some of the riders did really well, despite being on rental gear, points to some combination of good skills and mental toughness. It must be daunting riding that terrain in gear you're unfamiliar with - a measure of doubt can floor even the most skilled and talented.

As for ensuring that some of the bigger names get through to the final... a commercial decision that is not necessarily a bad one for the FWT as a competition.

Still, it makes for an interesting comp and I've enjoyed watching it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Poo, now we have to wait until tomorrow for the 2nd day.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zero-G, I think Freeride is pretty much down to the individual's skills, speed events are a much more important mix of skill and equipment.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And then there's the cojones factor...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, I guess that depends on your understanding of the equipment. I think we spend a fair amount of time preparing the equipment for these guys, and although we don't have to test against the clock, there are many factors that come into play dependent on conditions and type of face that make choices necessary. We continue to try and monitor and evaluate the performance of the athletes and try to cut out the effect of poor equipment choice or preparation. All the tools we can employ for a WC Alpine skier get used too for the Freeriders. However, I totally understand your point, we wouldn't for example play too much with edge angles or canting to gain anything extra other than better balance.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Exactly, can the best freeride skier win on hire equipment? Yes, but not as easily as if he/she was on the best equipment set up perfectly. Can the best downhiller win on hire skis? No.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Exactly, can the best freeride skier win on hire equipment? Yes, but not as easily as if he/she was on the best equipment set up perfectly. Can the best downhiller win on hire skis? No.

If most/all of the field were on hire kit, presumably yes...
ski holidays
clarky999, no, because then it'd be the luck of the draw as to whose hire kit just happened to suit them best. Point is that kit is more critical in alpine racing than in a freeride comp, not that kit isn't important in freeride comp.
snow conditions
haha, I agree, but try telling that to the riders.
ski holidays
The psychology is a major issue, especially when you're baked all evening before a comp.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy