Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

27th Mar Tignes Late deal

Poster: A snowHead
[quote="jennycook"]Hopefully it's not a state secret ,scorpio, , it the Club Hotel Curling - used to by Crystal, now same co as we stayed with in Jan at ADH.

Thank you jennycook i thought it would be and i had a look on the web , Be aware every one tripadvisor is allegedly inaccurate , they have mapped it as hotel Le curling which is on the main val d i'sere road after the tunnel by the lac du chervil just before La Daille , and the hotel curling we are in i believe is in Tignes val claret nr to the main lifts . the hotel in the same company in ADH was clean .

Smile Smile Smile Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi All,

After a bit of dithering have finally committed Very Happy , will be travelling from Gatwick so I best remember to bring the ear plugs wink Twisted Evil

About me: Intermediate skier, in my 30s, a guy and looking forward to my first snow fix for 3 years Laughing

Bring it on
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colbolt, NehNeh Laughing Laughing I would normally say good to have you along, but.... wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All booked now, flying from Liverpool.

snowHead

Although the flight times might be a bit tight to get the transfer bus there on the sunday.

Just noticed it is the night the clocks go forward - extra early morning Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jennycook wrote:
Quote:

Snow dance in progress. Fingers crossed!

You tube video of the dance please Red Leon, !!!!

Looking good .... http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm

yay from what i heard we jus might be in luck too Very Happy lookin 4ward meeting everyone Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm looking to book some beginner snowboarding lessons in Tignes. Preferably in Val Claret.
Is anyone else doing the same and does anyone have any recommendations?

I was going to go with Evolution 2 but they have had little interest shown in Val Claret and so it looks like if I book with them I'll have to get myself to Le Lac everyday. Not far as I understand but I can do without the hassle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lithos, Might be worth posting your question in here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67131&start=600

There are a few sHs out in Tignes and I'm sure they'll be able to make some recommendations for you. I seem to remember that stewart woodward is an instructor out there, so he may be able to help you or point you in the right direction. Might also be worth sending him a PM.

davefitz, Very Happy Very Happy Are you the only one on that flight? Might be worth asking admin if we can wait for you.

Really looking forward to this, only snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps to go...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestion, I will post the question in that other thread Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Counting down !!!!!!! looking forward to whatever the week throws at us- hopefully the snow will come out with me as it has been known to in the past - fingers and toes crossed!!!
Am trying to find a perch for the sat night - if anybody has any ideas.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schuss in Boots It looks like there are three of us on that flight - robul, blaenbrwyno and me.

Will PM admin and check.

snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
glenkama, try that topic that Schuss in Boots links to above - lots of Tignes regulars on there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, Welcome back snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lithos, Its no problem commuting between Val Claret and Le Lac - constant shuttle busses, check which one you get on tho as one goes straight through to Le Lavachet [ or used to anyway] , its only a few minutes to get back though
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps to go.....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:
btw. I should have said.
The lift passes are charged in Euros. You are welcome to pay me in Euros in resort although I'm kinda hoping not everybody does as I'll have a lot of Euros to look after Shocked

If you want to pay before we go, click the "Convert this amount to Sterling" link on your snowAccount and pay by the normal methods.

Hi admin i notice that you have not taken the lift pass cost off my account, is there a problem?
snow report
So,

Who is on the Gatwick flight other than myself and Schuss in Boots, would be good to meet up at the airport.... Very Happy
snow conditions
Richie rich1, it's because you chose to pay by both bank transfer and cheque. The transfer you made was confirmed, the cheque that you hence didn't need to send, remained un-confirmed. I've removed that now so it should all balance up fine.
snow report
colbolt, here's a list of travel details for that very reason Little Angel
Anyone not already on it, please add yourselves.

Also, would everyone please go to your personal profile and enter your Real Name (+ familiar name if that's how you like to be called), Gender (avoids embarrassing room-share accidents) and the phone number of the mobile you'll have with you.

All other data is optional Madeye-Smiley

A phone-list of everyone in the group will be available before we go.
ski holidays
admin, Any luck on my pillow query yet please?
ski holidays
yes
ski holidays
hi admin
are we paying for transfer at the terminal , euros i presume . Little Angel
snow conditions
If you guys are out for a couple of beers in Lac one night, post something up or PM me and me and my mate will come along to say hi. We are staying in Les Boisses from Friday to Tuesday.

Pete
latest report
bar shaker, Nice one, be good to see you. Very Happy

scorpio, I suspect that we will get buttons to push (and options to pay) for the transfer towards the end of this week. Watch this space. admin is waiting on final numbers before putting the buttons up as the cost will probably go down the more people we get. All you need to do is keep an eye on the thread and when they appear, push 'em and pay. wink

colbolt, Definately be good to meet up at the airport, we will get a list of phone numbers just before departure so we can arrange meeting up then for the Gatwick crew. If you don't get the list for some reason, PM me and we'll sort something out. Failing all else, you'll need to keep an eye out for an area of chaos, in the centre of which will be a girl in a purple jacket... Toofy Grin

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps to go....
snow report
Hi Guys I am happy to cover for Schuss in Boots at Luton (and cause chaos) so we can all find each other!!
snow report
lgtramp, Good effort - make me proud! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
are there still spaces left for this?
ski holidays
Windskisurf, Yep!
ski holidays
Don't want to miss out on another one eh, Windskisurf? Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
woooooohooooooo!

not long now

see you all at the aiport, the bar, breakfast or the slopes
snow report
Cozee T, woooooohoooooooo indeed Very Happy Very Happy

Only snowHead snowHead snowHead sleeps to go now...
ski holidays
So come on Windskisurf - are you signing up or planning to hitch a ride in a rucksack?
snow report
Morning, All Toofy Grin Set the alarm for 5am to get some practice in for the very early start on Sunday (I need to be up at 04.30am BST) but, inevitably knowing I had to be awake early meant I slept badly rolling eyes Still, at least I'll be tired early tonight.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's the thing...

when I woke at 2-something am (Mrs RL's gentle snoring rolling eyes ) it occurred to me Shocked that I don't have an alarm I can depend on for Sunday. My radio-alarm is supposed to be 'auto-updating' so it may adjust itself for the change to BST but I can't remember whether it actually does or not. My phone also may update itself but I can't be sure and the only other alarm device we have is one of those 'radio-controlled' clocks which again, may set itself to BST. I can see me setting the alarm(s) for 03.30am just in case the clocks don't upate themselves but then, if they do update, I'll be awake at 03.30BST which is, literally, the middle of the night Shocked

Still, here's a thought....only snowHead snowHead sleeps to go Toofy Grin
latest report
Another great morning in Tignes. If this weather continues you guys will need swimwear not ski wear wink

Hopefully will meet you all next week Very Happy
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:
If this weather continues you guys will need swimwear not ski wear wink

I'm not listening. I'm not listening. Lalalalalalalalalala Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Okay that's me signed up (hurray!), but I've had to cancel my place on the EoSB (boo!)...

This is my first visit to Tignes, and I'm driving there, does anyone know any tricks for parking? I'm currently being quoted 75 euros for the week, which is not the sort of 'steep' I'm normally looking for. Are there any cheaper places to park, perhaps outside the main resort with a chairlift or bus connection?
snow conditions
Basil Short_trousers, Nice one Very Happy Very Happy No idea on the parking though, sorry.

Red Leon, I always book a reminder call (BT) when I have an early start for a flight. Worth it for the peace of mind. Just call *55*(time in 24hr clock i.e. 0330)# I'm assuming they'll be right even if the auto update on your clock isn't. Although, from memory I think they do update at the right time... but I won't be counting on it. wink

Dunno what you're worried about though - I have to leave the house at 03.30, so I'll need to be up earlier than that... Shocked Shocked

Quote:

Still, here's a thought....only snowHead snowHead sleeps to go Toofy Grin

Yayyyyyyy!! to that bit though Very Happy

Really looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. snowHead
snow conditions
Can't wait.

The top station forecast for Val D'Isere states 'heavy snow' for Sunday night. Tignes is 'moderate' although looking at the numbers, same depth forecast. Best not to look at the bottom station forecast, given the snowflake symbols seem to have been stretched out somewhat a bit like rain symbols, which can't be right....
latest report
Basil Short_trousers,

Parking is free in Boisses , free bus timetable here http://www.tignes.net/data/template_entetecontenu/10010-circuler-a-tignes.pdf
Note the bus doesn't run Saturday evening.
snow report
Batman_123, It's a printing error.... definately a printing error... wink
latest report
Mrs W wrote:
Basil Short_trousers,

Parking is free in Boisses , free bus timetable here http://www.tignes.net/data/template_entetecontenu/10010-circuler-a-tignes.pdf
Note the bus doesn't run Saturday evening.

Thank you for that!! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy