Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Location for early April sking, non-insane prices, near Geneva - suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I suspect I am asking the impossible but if anyone can answer this, I suspect the budding Snowheads can!

I'm trying to sort a late season trip for early April. We would normally wait and book last minute but the snag is that I can't go away from work until after the 31st (company year end) and we need to be back for a wedding on Sat the 9th. As such, as the normal 'week' packages are out of the question, unless we bug out early and arrange our own flight back.

Clearly we need to be looking high altitude so have been investigating Ischgl and Obergurgl (we like Austria) but flights to Geneva are super cheap compared to Innsbruck so wondering if there are any reasonable alternatives to consider? Probably looking at 5 nights so don;t want to travel massive distances.

We are 1 x early intermediate and 1 x advanced (but happy pottering about on the reds while hubby builds up his experience).

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's very unlikely you'll need high altitude at the beginning of April. Plenty of places near Geneva, you'll probably find a chalet willing to do a part week if you can't do a full week. Try Morzine which is about an hour from Geneva, and has a wide range of accommodation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
trundlebunny, shouldn't be impossible. Within easy reach of Geneva, Flaine should be a reasonable bet. Little apartments there are cheap, and it's fairly low season. You could just rent one for a week from 2 April, get a transfer or hire a car, and fly back Friday. Or fly out Friday, rent a car, spend Friday night in a hotel in the valley (Formule 1 in Annemasse would be cheap) and be on the slopes by start of play Saturday, for a nice quiet transfer-day ski. I think that's what I'd do - an extra, top quality, day's skiing for little or no cost.

Alternatively, for something a bit different (and personally I much prefer it to Flaine) drive a little bit further and go to Les Contamines. Snow at the top end of LC (which is much the best bit) is usually good till end of season though naturally, if it's been warm, it'll be spring conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are travelling to Chatel the very same week you mention. We've been twice in the last few years and the snow has been absolutely fine (in fact, we've travelled later before and had no issues) You could also try one of the P&V places in Avoriaz which will almost certainly have great snow...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent, thanks everyone - will get researching!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's only a 2 hour drive to Moutiers from Geneva, where you can find some cheap hotels and from there access the 3 Valleys, which will be open until 25th April this year.

Hotels in Moutiers are from about €50 per room per night and from Moutiers it's a 20 minute drive to St Martin de Belleville, 5 minutes to Brides Les bains or about 20 minutes to Meribel.

Worth a thought.... wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
trundlebunny For non-insane priced, flexible accommodation the Ibis Hotel at Sallanches is worth a look (see Accor Hotels website). You'd need to hire car but ther is loads of skiing within easy striking distance - eg Chamonix, Les Houches, Combloux, Megeve, Les Contamines & La Clusaz.

Sallanches is a proper French town - so also non-ski resort prices for eating & drinking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The gite Le vagabond in chamonix is very reasonable and they cater for short breaks. Chamonix has lots of pistes, and off piste. I am, however writing this from chalet les melezes in tignes. I an here with 5 friends for 5 nights. They are very flexible and I cannot rate the place highly enough. It is very reasonable, there is a blue piste that practically runs past the hotel and the snow is (at the moment) amazing. We booked through mountainsunltd.com. We are so happy with the place we will be coming back next year. The espace Killy is vast and has every type of run imaginable.They also pick you up and drop you back to geneva for free!
Have fun! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy