Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New member wanting advice on a helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there all

Just joined the forum following my first ski trip. Just been to Les Deux Alpes for a week and loved it! Been googling and seems there a fount of knowledge in these pages so hoped I might tap into it...

Having had a few hairy moments (hence my user name!) I was thinking of buying a helmet and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. There's a fancy Salomon one on ebay at the moment - http://x.co/S9Bt - with bluetooth headphones which I thought sounded quite cool and at a potentially good price - anyone have any experience with one of these?

Thanks

Terry
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fit is important so you need to try one on and you don't know if an ebay one has taken a bash or not so be careful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get what fits your head best (i.e. try them on in a shop). Not so sure listening to music while skiing / boarding is such a good thing - I prefer to hear what's going on around me for safety reasons.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
get one of these...

but make sure it fits right Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got the Salomon Ranger, they're a good helmet- the air fit system works well. Don't know what the bluetooth one's like though. Like the idea of the extra warm ear pads! Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bluetooth one is mega, a mate has one, it's cool as.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Make sure it looks like it'll survive machine washing. Stinky helmets aren't nice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have to agree with tiffin that it is fit that is most important rather than "cool". Go to a shop that has lots of brands and try them all on. A medium in one brand is a very different size and shape to a medium in another brand.

I had my heart set on a particular helmet but after trying on all of the ones available at Bucks Boarding Centre in Milton Keynes (thanks for your patience guys) I bought a totally different helmet that just felt great when it was on my bonce.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy