Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fe British ski School - Optimum Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We recently used Optimum Ski and Snowboard School (run by Ben) for private lessons for myself and a kids group lesson for my 9 year old twin sons. 

Kids session: a maximum of 5 per group. The boys were assessed and put an intermediate/advanced group, which Ben took.  We saw/heard the group laughing and skiing back to the meet point at the end of each half day session - always a good sign!

Ben showed the boys several freestyle ski tricks and by the end of the week, they were skiing down black runs and casually doing 360 degree turns to check me out, as  I nervously navigated down blue runs.  

Pros: tailor made lesson for the group with the added bonus of the boys picking up freestyle techniques. Lots of fun (we had to stop the boys rushing out too early every morning). Good group size and a fabulous combination of inspiring confidence whilst homing in on good mountain discipline. 

This approach differs from the more prescriptive style lessons encountered previously. 

Cons: None - highly recommended

Adult class:
I write in trepidation because this is my secret armour in what has been a long, arduous and painful ski career (I started with my boys 4 years ago).  I had a 5 day 2 hour session with Aran who was cute as a button, looked about 13 (which was great as it stopped my fear-swearing-tourettes-style-abuse) but skied like a demon with the patience of an angel. 

Aran has a unique ability to make you question why you feel you cant do something. He is persistent in a way that it's only after I'd done it, did I remember I said I couldn't/wouldn't!  I am one tenacious, challenging character when scared so this in itself is a huge feat!

Even getting stuck on the t-bar (me) was no problem as he disengaged me and then did a spectacular jump over the snow pile so I could ski away safely didn't phase this guy. 

For someone who previously saw bits of grass sticking out of blue runs as a safety rope to grasp onto if need be, I cannot truly express my gratitude to Aran who after day two had me skiing down red runs for the rest of the week.  

Cons: the only con is actually sharing Aran's details and the fact that I can't have him beside me whenever I ski!  A truly inspiring and talented ski instructor who was born to teach!

Overall, the school were like a group of friends and we popped in most evenings for a chat. All of the instructors I met (including a wonderful female boarding instructor) were incredibly enthusiastic and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. 
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy