Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney

Poster: A snowHead
Just fixed travel to Gressoney 7-14 April. Need accomodation. (2) Already have a few tel. nos. for hotels. Any suggestns? (cheap,modest, self cater?)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalet du Lyse. worth a try not self cater but might do you a deal as late in season - located in Staffal
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bruce leggott, have you checked that lifts will still be running (or are you touring?)

Monterosa typically closes the week after Easter, which is March 31 ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it will be ok https://visitmonterosa.com/en/schedules-monterosa-ski-area-19384
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@motyl, OK but a little limited,

"From Friday, December 1 2023 until Sunday April 14 2024, snow conditions permitting, the Monterosa Ski 3 Valleys will open with all the facilities connecting Frachey in Val d'Ayas, Stafal in Gressoney Valley and Alagna in Valsesia.

The lifts and slopes in Champoluc, Val d'Ayas, Punta Jolanda, and Gressoney Valley will be open to the public from Friday 1 December 2023 until Sunday 7 April 2024."

So you can basically ski from Frachey to Alagna and back. Not clear whether Punta Indren would try and open or not ...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, the OP looks so be from 2004 Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sugarmoma666, good spot Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sugarmoma666, Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I don't normally miss that ... guess is was the paucity of responses making it look "new" Embarassed

How did that a. slip past unanswered at the time and b. get picked up by @Kimh Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@motyl, your are correct You can ski from Frachey near Champoluc to Algana do the 2 blacks,
have lunch and ski back to Frachey or Champoluc before the lifts close.

I will be in Champoluc from Sunday 7th Jan 2024 to Sunday 4th Feb 2024
I am staying in the Hotel Castor. Great family friendly owned hotel.
Herman is English worked lived there for 26 years ish.

Tuesday is open mike night for sing along.
Wednesday is Local "Wine Education" Evening by a renowned sommelier
How to appreciate wines and food better.
Dispel a couple of wine myths.

Great dinner if you are in chalets or hotel champoluc for a wednesday night (when staff chefs have night off)
Bryce
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I found Hotel Castor (named after one of the mountains) https://www.hotelcastor.eu/en
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bryceski, ha ha bit of an ancient thread but nice to know Herman's still doing his music nights wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw most dates as Nov 2023
it was only after your comment I noticed the first comment was 2004

Yes I know Herman well.
When did you meet him?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bryceski, Mrs UANN's father was born in Champoluc and the family have kept close ties and property there. Herman hosted my Sis in law's first wedding dinner and some years later our after wedding-party party. He greeted me on the morning of my wedding party at 10:00 AM with an enormous glass of fine red. The day proceeded as you might imagine. Haven't seen him in ages, to my fault.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello under a new name,
I was friends with Herman in our 20s and went on several ski trips.
Then in 1999 May I was his best man.

When he visited England with his wife Bea and first son as a babe in arms
I leant him my car for a week.

It was then I found my wife (now ex) lover knocking on my front door
as he thought as my car was not there it was safe to come in.

Only this year Herman son was at Manchester University so we saw a lot of them both.

I spent had some time in March 2023 in Champoluc
and going back there this Jan 2024.
Herman is too busy with the hotel to ski even for 2 hours.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bryceski, nice tales (mostly, not so much the front door incident) - I really must drop in for a beer some time.
latest report
I am seeing herman in Manchester this 13th December.
I only know you as " under new name"

1) who shall I say to Herman sends their regards.

2) Are you on the Pre Seaon Bash on 2nd December in Tignes?
if yes I look forward to seeing your there.
snow conditions
@bryceski, I'll PM you wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy