Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies, your feet and pregnancy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, let's cut to the chase here, fitting boots and women's feet before and after pregnancy.
My young lady is expected to drop in 2-3 weeks, in the last month her feet have gone from being a beautiful, long, high instep and non bumpy size 25 to a current size 28!!!!!

So all that extra weight and elasticine and collagen are making a few preparative changes.

I will post up some pics of it all soon, just couldn't find the thread on this subject.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, If she asks you 'do my feet look big in this?'... Lie.... ffs, lie. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I was anything to go by they will shrink back after the event. Just make sure her pregnancy team are aware if they actually start to swell as this can indicate that action may become needed. This close to birth I shouldn't think she is still skiing is she? So I'd wait until well after the event before you decide to tweak her ski boots (even though I imagine you are dying to ply your trade LOL).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife went skiing with me in Cervinia at 17 weeks pregnant and found that her boots were on the tight side to say the least. Then we found she was wearing thicker socks.....

Actually I can't imagine anyone going skiing in the last weeks before birth. 20 weeks yes, 38 weeks pregnant no way.! Balance would be off by miles and where would you find salopettes to fit?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well my feet swelled quite a bit while pregnant and never went back totally to my old size (a yr and a half since the last one). I have loads of shoes I can no longer wear! No prob with ski boots tho as mine were too big anyway, but that's another story and another thread!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The trust of the thread will be to see how and when, even if, her feet fully recover.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I noticed some odd swelling of my own during conception.

Will this affect my boots?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My feet really swelled up at the end of my first pregnancy and nearly got me wheeled into hospital for an induction (kicking and screaming and crying and saying 'I won't' got me out of that one), I never suffered any lasting effects and the feet went down afterwards. What I was most disappointed in was the bits of me that I wanted to swell a bit never did Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My feet have returned to their usual duck-shape.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mine never went back to their previous size. Size 5 before #1, 6 after. Size 7 if I'm lucky after #2, and nearly everything is too narrow now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In order to isolate the foot-changes due to pregnancy, as opposed to foot-changes due to putting on or losing weight, we need more information on weight. For example, Okanagan, how have your other sizes changed? Do you take the same size clothes now as before babies?

What would be interesting would be any consistent evidence that people who weigh the same before and after pregnancy, and go back to taking the same size clothes, nonetheless have bigger (or different shape) feet.

To eliminate the effects of age, we also need to find out whether those differences are any greater than in a comparison group of women who have spent the same number of years NOT having babies.

You might be able to get a research grant for this, smallzookeeper.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy