Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, who had good Half Term snow...and who didnt?

Poster: A snowHead
I was amazed at how good the snow was in La Giettaz. The slopes are North facing, there was still even snow between the trees - so not just man made effort! The quality was great too. We had two new snow falls so some powdery stuff to play in. The area is linked to Comblux and Jaillet and over to Megeve. We dont have time to get over to Megeve (need to get back for the kids out of ski school) but normally ski to Comblux and Jaillet. Comblux was clearly suffering, quite a few brown spots and icy patches. Jaillet was a complete no go - all the pistes down were closed Shocked it was amazing to see how bad those areas were compared to how fantastic La Giettaz was. So, shame we were restricted in range but at least we had some good snow to paly with, though limited.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of snow in Whistler.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Desperately need a top up in London - scratched me bases to buggery on the blue down Pentonville Road Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had plenty in Folgarida. All white, no brown patches, even fresh snow falling one or two days Happy. All pistes bar one open and good piste management. Just lacking some gentle off-piste.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had two good dumps in the Swiss 4 Valleys last week Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarpa wrote:
Had two good dumps in the Swiss 4 Valleys last week Cool

What about the snow though?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing pretty much all week in Borovets, even some nice powder up high in the middle of the week!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, Loads of it, even had a powder day snowHead Pics on my Fb page.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Twas nice and the crowds were put off by the snow - sometimes crying stroppy children can be handy!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Anton had it's moments, my daughter on one of the black runs on Galzig
St Anton
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had decent snow in Mittersill-Hollersbach. Snowed from Sunday night through till Tuesday night. Set us up for the rest of the week.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plenty of the white fluffy stuff over here still, in utah Toofy Grin

But at least the sun has come out so able to get plenty of vitamin D Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa,

Yes but it needed it badly. Still had fun though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great conditions in the Selva area last week, had a couple of overnight snow showers and temperatures down to -11 some days, so nice soft powder topping on a firm base, and loads of blue sky during the day Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tignes worked very well, it snowed on alternate days! Very Happy
snow report
Ischgl was very good at altitude, needed the man made to return to the bottom without major damage to bases though.
latest report
Very good conditions for piste skiing in Serre Chevalier, and on a couple of days for offpiste as well, not that I could take (much) advantage of that.

I'll take this opportunity to repost two pics of horizon jr - not in the biggest snow we had but I'll come back with a better pic.

snow conditions
Our 12yr old was more than happy after his Off Piste Lessons in Folgarida Very Happy
latest report
Ian L, He's 12? What a dude!
snow report
Ian L, fantastic photo! There've been some top reports recently of fun kids have had in ski lessons, often doing much gnarlier stuff than their old folks could cope with - it's good to remind people that ski lessons aren't just for boring beginners!

Horizon; your lad looks great, too.

I just love watching such super competent young kids. Saw some on their bikes in the park today (should have been at school, I bet) - doing loads of clever tricks in the half pipe.
latest report
My 11 year old started the week saying no way could she get down a pretty easy (on skis) blue on her board, 3 half day lessons later and she'd done most of the reds in the resort.
latest report
davkt, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Izzie enjoying a bit of off piste Laughing

snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, lovely pic! Love her ski gear too Very Happy
ski holidays
St Sorlin D'Arves. Very good conditions. Not a vintage year but just about all pistes open. Several days with fresh snow. Plenty of off Piste available if you knew where to look.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, ahh, she must take after her Dad Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Laughing
snow conditions
After lots of worrying about the conditions prior to going we had great snow in the Skiwelt area in Austria.

Lots of snow fell Monday and Tuesday then lovely blue skies for the rest of the week. Cool

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent snow (on piste) throughout the Sella Ronda, particularly in Arabba. Had a top-up mid-week which freshened everything up. Have not been let down there with snow for the last four years over half-term week. Already booked flights and hotel again for next Feb.
snow report
Very good piste conditions in Pila last week although you could see they have had less snow than previous years. Snowed everyday we were there with some blue skies thrown in for good measure.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy