Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuben Am Arlberg accom wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been searching for somewhere to stay in Stuben after seeing so many people recommend the place. I don't really want to do hotels as a family we much prefer a self catering apartment but there really doesn't seem to be many, I've tried owners direct, pure holiday homes, et al and was hoping someone on here might be able to make a recommendation. We'd like 2 bedrooms and a washing machine as we're going for 2 weeks but apart from clean that's the list of requirements. Any help appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obvious question - have you been on the Stuben website? Haus zimba is right beside the lift/piste. If you look on the interactive village map you should (from memory) be able to filter accommodation to type, ie apartment. There was pretty decent apartments at the end of the road that the hotel hubertushof, when we stayed there a couple of years ago.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that, I think I looked at all the apartments and most slept only 4 and we are 5, should have mentioned that really. I'll take another look but was hoping that someone who had stayed in one would recommend it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You should note that there is only one small shop in stuben that sells food/various items and has limited opening hours
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks, that certainly bears thinking about. We like to eat out sometimes but mostly with small kids it's easier to be able to cook what they will eat as they need it. There must be shops nearby though as there are several larger resorts around? We would likely have a car anyway
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Few suoermarkets in and around St Anton and a spar in lech. Quite a few eateries to choose from in stuben. You could also try getting rooms at berghaus stuben - in a great position too and I know they have apartments. If the kids are going to ski school then you might be better getting a place on the same side as the nursery slope as this saves taking your kids accross the road (not that it's a busy road)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is some great skiing in Stuben, but unless you find exactly what you are looking for at a cheap price then I think that is not worth staying there.

There is a much greater variety of accomodation and facilities in Lech/Zurs and St Anton and it is suprisingly simple to drive / ski / the take free bus to Stuben from either main resort centre.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy