Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Bars & Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Off to Les Gets on Sunday, have stayed in Morzine the last 2 years but only skied in Les Gets and not eaten or drank there.

Also going self-catered this year for the first time as no children with us so fancied a bit more flexibility. Smile

Any suggestions on where to eat, open to any types of food. And where to have a few drinks of an evening?

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
George06,

Just take a walk down the main street. They are all Good Happy I would recommend booking as they can get quite full. Have fun.
If you fancy escargots then Lou Bertandy's opposite the ESF meeting point do lovely ones.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
George06, my favourites in the village are Le Flambeau (down in the old village just beyond the ice rink, need to book even off peak) and La Taniere which is just up off the main street along from the Irish Pub and the Canadian bar (Black Bear) which by the way are two good places for a drink. Carnozet also good, near Flambeau. Le Tirol is popular but we weren't hugely impressed the one time we went there.

There are several other places, no shortage of places to eat/drink Very Happy The most popular/pricey perhaps is Le Copeaux which we haven't been to. La Pela was absolutely lovely for a special New Years meal once but has changed hands since (again near the ice rink)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
George06, Another vote for La Taniere - great pizzas from the wood-fired oven, friendly service (usually....), bustling atmosphere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely couple who run Le Carnozet, food is good also, I try to go there each time just to see them and have a chat.
There is a lovely restaurant just opposite it on the lower road(Route Du Centre), it is quite small, again a couple who produce the most wonderful food and an interesting menu. I can't remember the name Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
George06, +1 for Flambeau, +1 for Pela and Copeaux being nicey/pricey, Tirol is quite good although I also find the atmos a bit strange. We also like the Peau de Vache (the "front" to the slightly questionable Zebra bar wink ).

As well as the Canadian bar (ONLY order beer in giraffes) the Dublin (other end of town, opposite Mt Chery bubble station) can be good especially if there's live music.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all,

So curiosity got the better of me, whats questionable about the Zebra bar ?? wink
Andy why should we only order beer in giraffes at the Canadian bar??

Thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
George06, a) the youths hanging around the back and the fragrance of their cigarettes, and b) so long as you were planning on drinking 3l it's much cheaper. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
George06, Bar Bush changed hands prior to this winter and remains a popular spot for a drink or three. It can get rammed with seasonal workers on some nights though (Tuesday is their Friday night as many get Weds off).

Le Tourbillon (again Rue du Centre at the Shoppi supermarket end) is generally pretty good. If you fancy a lunch time feast I am a big fan of the Croix Blanche up at Chavannes or The Vaffieu (more Morzine than LG). You do need to book The Vaffieu.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy