Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyjet name mistake

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have experience of how strict easyjet are over booked names.
I booked a friend on our trip and now i need the info for his api he has given me the bombshell that he doesnt use his real christian name.
So surname is the same but having looked through easyjet website it will be £107 to change the first name (more than the original flight cost).
I have emailed customer services and await a response but wondered if anyone has any similar experience.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Had slightly similar on my Jan trip with my nephew, we both have same Christian and surnames. To avoid confusion I called them and added middle names for no charge except the phone call. If you explain circumstances to customer services they will probably change the name for free. Try 0871 244 2366. Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ianbradders, It's the name on the passport that counts - doesn't he use his "real" name on his passport?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, I think the guy uses his middle name on a day-to-day basis and the ticket has been booked in that name, so it doesn't match his first name on his passport which has to be as per your birth certificate.

Not sure how airlines treat that to be honest...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the name booked in doesn't match the name on the passport then the booking is invalid. Always has been, always will be. Unless your friend has never flown before he should have known this. If the airline/TO enforces the charge he should pay up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wot Dr John says. I always double check what folk's passports says when booking flights for others, especially spelling
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr John, hmmm yes but it sort of matches... if the bods name is John James Smith and the ticket is booked as James Smith are you 100% sure that defitnely won't be OK?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I booked my tickets just in first name and surnames, then was warned that it might cause confusion, so phoned to add middle names to the booking. I was told by customer services not to worry, but felt it better safe than sorry.

I wouldn't want to take the chance, especially if they might fix it for nothing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two of my family/friends ski group are mother and daughter - both are named Sarah, but the mum has always been known as Sally. On the EJ tickets, I entered one as Mrs and the other Miss. Had I put her down as Sally, on the basis that it's the name she goes by, but is not the name on her passport, we'd (I'd......) have been liable to pay the amendment fee. As you were unaware of your friend's situation, and he hadn't told you, it's his problem to solve.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a similar situation - forgot once - AirFrance charged me, I think, about 80 quid. Nice.
I always remember to book as Tarquin now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tarquin, Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27, I'm 100% sure that those two names are different. Also 100% sure that if someone at any one of TO/check-in/security/boarding gate want's to make an issue out of it you don't have a leg to stand on. You might be lucky, or you might not.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ring them and explain. I have done this with RA a few times and they will change the name for free (letters mixed up). So if they will do it I am sure EJ will.

Explain your situation and they will probably change it for you for free.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As an update, suprisingly EJ said as long as it is adding a name i.e. originally booked in his middle name but they then add the correct first name there is no charge as a one off. If it was a case of removing the first name and putting a different one on the booking this is chargeable.
Proof is required of the middle name from passport or driving licence etc.

It seems not all "budget" airlines want to royally screw you over at any given opportunity.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ianbradders, Phew!
ski holidays
So basically what everyone told you would happen?
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
So basically what everyone told you would happen?
Nadenoodlee, Isnt that the purpose of a forum? Ask if anyone has experience of something, await responses, act upon that information. Besides there were differing experiences. Some said wrong name so booking was never valid, Tarquin was charged £80. Ho hum.
JimG2009, cheers for your advice, i really didnt expect anything positive from Easyjets customer experience representative or whatever they are called so would probably have just done it online and paid up.
holidayloverxx, i agree, might be able to afford a beer now.
latest report
Interesting info - I use my middle name so am likely to fall victim to this eventually and am much obliged to you for having tried it out in advance Wink Enjoy the beer !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy