Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which boot might be better?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am an advancing intermediate. I like cruising, have gone on reds slowly, but want to improve my carving, I am mainly skidding at the moment and its getting tough on legs. I will get some lessons togo to next level

I have tried on Tecnica Phoenix 90 £195 and they felt good. I am going to try Rossignol synergy sensor 80's £175 to see what they are like, assuming I like both which one would be better?
ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
harryspotter,

the ones that fit?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get yourself to a good boot fitter, forget about what looks good or your favourite brands
let the boot choose you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I am mainly skidding at the moment and its getting tough on legs

Is skidding tougher on the legs than carving?

What IS tough on the legs is skiing in the back seat.

The boot just needs to fit - really well.

If you tried on boots that "felt good" right out of the box, chances are they are too big.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
harryspotter,

the ones that fit?

this.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was sized for boots, the Technica ones are the ones I've tried and felt good in that they felt uncomfortably tight. The ski chap said it was absolutely the right fit.. I havent tried the ross ones yet, but if they both feel right.. which ones are better for progression
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MattMattMatt wrote:
under a new name wrote:
harryspotter,

the ones that fit?

this.

and this...

nothing else matters
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In my opinion at your level it's neither here nor there, the best fit is the most important thing. I went shopping for boots last year with the intention of spending upward of 300 quid on a pair, fitter went through most boots in the shop and I ended up buying a pair of 180 quid boots on offer to 130.

goto a good bootfitter and they will see you right.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what they said^ + don't overspec, I have had too advanced a boot in the past and its a pain, so be honest with the fitter, tell them you are just starting on reds and don't bother about buying something you might 'grow into'. Judging by the 'net desriptions those are both too advanced a boot for your level. The handy thing about that is that the lower level boots tend to be cheaper Wink

Happy shopping!

aj xx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Advanced boots, what are they? Tighter fit? Better plastic, so perhaps a stiffer flex rating at 22°. Hmmmm, IMO you can't over spec boots, unless you are really buy the real WC Race boot and then it can be done, but may take a good few visits at least. UNDER spec boots will often mean poor plastic that has more variance at different temperature, meaning we lose the constant we need to improve and progress.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy