Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some advice on old Nordica T5.1 skis - still any good? Plus Rossignol B3 Bandits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, my first post although I have been browsing here for a little while. 2 part question really:

1. I have some old Nordica T5.1 skis, they are almost completely black apart from the red writing, bought in Canada about 7 years ago, think they were a season or two old then as I got an amazing deal ($5 but spent a lot more on bindings!). Used them for about 3 weeks with no problems, then sort of got out of skiing for financial reasons, which has now happily turned around. They are a bit rusty on the edges but nothing that looks bad and no real damage. Anyway, are they worth servicing and using now? I am a pretty decent standard (skiied for 20+ years, happy on reds and can do blacks carefully!) and would intend to use them for just piste skiing.

2. Follow on question, I now have my own place in Les2Alpes and am looking to get coached off piste with a view to tackling La Grave at some point. So I am looking for skis that will be good off piste but also OK on piste and appropriate to my standard. I want to buy but a reasonable set of second hand, have seen some Rossignol Bandit B3s for sale online at a decent price. Any views on these skis for what I intend to do? They are advertised at 70% off piste but can carve on piste as well, seem about right?

Thanks for reading!

Rob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS also looking at some K2 Four 88 All Mountain skis, rather than the Rossignol Bandits?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The B3's would carve, but if you are buying them with the intention of them being your off piste ski then they'll be ideal. The B2 is a great ski for charging around the mountain, but the B3 is a but beefier.

No clue on the Nordica's sorry. What are their dimensions? That should tell you all you need to know if they are in decent shape otherwise.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy