Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me some goggles...........

Poster: A snowHead
Mine are knackered and I'm looking to buy new...any suggestions ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is so much guff talked about goggle brands it's ridiculous, here's my take; buy the ones that it your face/helmet the best, with styling you like, and spend as much as you can afford, the brand doesn't matter because they are all, essentially, the same. The more cash you splash the better the build quality and styling. No particular brand is better/worse than another for anti-fog, flat light etc.

FYI I use Smith because I like the styling and they fit me very well. I'm seriously looking at getting some (seriously expensive) POC gegs next season, but this is based 100% on vanity.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smith phantom
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John, exactly right. I'm trying to work out if it's vanity or helmet compatibility which means I wear POC wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fall line (the mag) have some scott decree goggles online for £27.50 i think it is, have a look at thei shop/merchandise bit Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went from Decathlon ones which I was happy with, to Anon's helix which I am very very happy with.
Much better fit to face and helmet, which as Dr John says is essential.
They were £45 in teh sale last year with an extra lense..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FYI, i was in EB at the weekend and enquired about replacement lenses for my Adidas Yodais. They no longer stock Adidas so they are selling all remaining stock for low prices. You can get a brand new pair of Yodai with the LST Trail Silver lens for £30!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use Oakley Crowbar as they fit my Salomon helmet the best.

Like POC and other top brands, they are curved vertically as well as horizontally and are optically perfect. Misting is a thing of the past.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've had both Yodai's and the previous Robins

the Yodais are about 5 seasons old and still going strong, the LST Trail Silver lens is really versatile
got an orange lens for the Yodias but never needed to use it

for £30 id grab them quick
Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oakley A frame suits me and fits my Giro G10 well.
Lenses are easy to swap around and plenty to choose from.

HTH
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It depends how much you want to spend. Uvex FX Pro goggles are good.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bar shaker wrote:
I use Oakley Crowbar as they fit my Salomon helmet the best.

Sold to the highest bidder.................. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Amazon, Igot some Giro goggles there for £35. £15 if you wanted a pale tinted lens.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Forget all other goggles... just buy these

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/4778/products/Zeal_Transcend_GPS_Goggle_System.aspx

only if you're crazy though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
heidiky, Smokin Joe, I have the Scott Decree Goggles heidiky was talking about. They're brand new. They didnt fit my face! £20 inc and they're yours!
snow report
DAVE 2227 wrote:
Oakley A frame suits me and fits my Giro G10 well.
Lenses are easy to swap around and plenty to choose from.

HTH

Same opinion/combo here

A frame will never fog up
snow report
billy_boy_2010 wrote:

A frame will never fog up

Yes they will, you can't beat physics. They probably won't when wearing a helmet, granted, but all it takes is something obstructing the upper vents (a hat, ferinstance) for any goggle to mist up.
latest report
Bought some new (Wedze own brand) goggles from Decathlon in Glasgow this evening for £13 reduced from £40. My 5 year old ones were falling apart from mistreatment and a helmet-stretched strap. These look good quality & have two changeable colours, one for bright sunshine, the other for cloudy days. Guess which colour will be on by default. wink Toofy Grin

http://www.wedze.com/EN/s1-s3-screen-900-otg-47593170/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy