Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sidas universal comfort insole

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sidas universal comfort insole transformed my ski boot. For the last two years my ski boots that were fine started to kill my feet. I was going to buy new boots for this year but cash flow stopped that thanks to the wife. So as a late resort I got some Sidas insoles. What a different they made my boots fit like a glove no heel lift no pain. Very Happy The best £25.00 I have spent and would recommend them to any body
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Booooom, Sidas are awesome people, they love you to love your feet.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, That’s one way of putting it Smile

The dilemma I’m now in do I replace my 10year old beginner boots and get some new ones that are more suited to a advanced skier Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glen Charman, IMO there is no such thing, for sure to flex a real 140kn ski boot you need weight, speed and technique also helps, however think of it in these real terms.
When a boot is cheaper, it's then aimed at lower level skiers, perhaps because of the frequency by which they use them meaning they don't want to invest as heavily. This to me is rubbish, why are expert boots/skis more expensive than beginners???? Simple, it's quality, and why would a beginner require a less quality product? No idea.
So please, do yourself a favor, let a bootfitter examine your feet and look at your flexion, believe me, you will at around 80kg and 20kph bend a ski boot of 120kn flex, no problems. Do not think in terms of the feeling in the store, colour and plastic type will effect the feeling when on the hill. By a good quality, well fitted boot of any flex above 110 and you'll be pretty sure to be getting top quality plastic that is the least temperature sensitive and most durable, then and only then will you be able to keep the boot for years to come and not have to go through the dilema of changing kit for the sake of improvement. These are simple marketing principals, avoid them if possible. Blush
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thanks that’s a great help
The flex on my boots have 55-70
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glen Charman, Polypropylene is best used for shampoo bottles. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy