Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

travel insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have always bought the optional insurance that goes with ski passes . I have always assumed that it covers your recovery from the mountin if needed. this year however I forgot and skied without it (no accidents thankfully). Thinking about it afterwards, did my travel insurance (which has snowsports cover) cover me for these costs anyway? my point is, if I have the same travel insurance, next time I go skiing, do I need the extra cover tagged onto the cost of the ski pass??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
risb98, the grey area is off piste. If you don't ski off piste your travel insurance is sufficient. If you ski off piste you need to check the specific conditions of your travel insurance. Although don't expect it to be 100% convincing if you ski off piste without a guide or without full ava gear or without "knowing what you are doing". But unless you do something silly you will be fine IMO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
risb98, there has been a lot of discussion on sH about this.

This one is dated 2008 but I don't think things have changed much (though it would be worth checking CN's T&Cs). I suggest you read the thread and make your own mind up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
risb98, Noone can really answer your question definitively without knowing your policy details and what you need. You will have to read through the terms of your exisiting wintersports insurance and determine whether the policy meets your needs.

That being said, the chances are, as Layne, says, your present insurance will cover the basic requirement you are talking about - being lifted off the slopes, medical treatment, repatriation - as far as on-piste skiing is concerned. Policies vary hugely as far as off-piste is concerned and if you do go off-piste you need to read carefully and maybe shop around to ensure you have cover for what you intend doing.

If your insurance fully covers you, what is the point of paying more to insure yourself again for the same eventualities? So make sure you have the right policy for you and save some euros for a beer or two. (Follow up some of the discussions in the forum, however, and you will find not everyone agrees with that!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for advice. Appreciated. Will read thead and go thru my policy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
risb98, I do not want to get into all this again, so if you go to the discussions section of my facebook group you can read what various insurance companies and underwriters have said. A real minefield.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=134900026541300&topic=150
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy