Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - late season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We were hoping to come out in March but we dont think we can make it due to other stuff we have going on.

We can make it week beginning 24th April which is right at the end of the season.
Whats Tignes normally like end of April - are there many slopes open still?
I know there is never any guarantee but just wondering what its been like the past few years...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I skied there 16-19th last year and it was great. We went over all the way to Val's glacier too, pretty much the whole area was open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lauralime, yep, should be good. Quiet, nice long days, good chance of a dump of fresh (of short-lasting) snow, deckchairs, normally more than enough open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
lauralime, yep, should be good. Quiet, nice long days, good chance of a dump of fresh (of short-lasting) snow, deckchairs, normally more than enough open.

Pam,

I am thinking about going for the first week in May, does the snow start slushing up from lunch time? Or am I pushing my luck? I have never been skiing so late in the season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lightningdan, get up early and dont expect to ski too late after lunch unless you dont mind slush!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, Thanks for that, will have baby sitters so can go as a couple instead of family/lads weekend skiing. After December's ice skiing , slush might be a nice change!! Thanks for the advice.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lightningdan, I've not been that late (though it's good in the summer, up on the glacier, till early afternoon).

I would think in such a big area, that you could find some good spots for different times of the day. I suppose it depends a bit on how the weather pans out. We'll be skiing until about 20 April down at 1600m, as we do every year, with no access to the kind of altitude you have at Tignes, and it's always been worthwhile.

Great picnic time!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lightningdan, I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it - stayed with Mountainsun, had a great time. Go.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
lightningdan, I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it - stayed with Mountainsun, had a great time. Go.

I am looking at Mountainsun, they seem to get good reviews ( on and off SH)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooh all sounds good, i might cry otherwise if i dont get another week in before this season is out!

Fingers crossed the snow is good till later then!

I'm assuming even if its patchy in places the glacier will be open still?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One thing to consider is that the snowpack is considerably thinner this season than on average, Pistehors quoted 25% of the average depth but I think that was for somewhere in the southern alpes, but anyway a thin snowpack does not bode too well for late season skiing. Having said that I am heading out to Tignes in the 2nd week of April and am expecting nothing except powder, perfect corn and courdory Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a day out from Paradiski at Tignes last April 13th 'ish and it was fantastic, when we did get too low we were punished with a tough ski down to the venicular but that was our fault, once back up it was okay.
Late in the afternoon it was slushy but better than Le Plagne was that same week.
Good Luck
Noisey
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lauralime, We have skied in Tignes/Val D'Isere on each of the last four May Day Bank holiday weekends (and we are going again this year) and each time have found 90% of the runs open in the Espace Killy.

So there is really no need to worry about skiing there in April - you'll have hundreds of kilometres of piste to go at! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[b]lauralime[/b

Tignes closes on May 8th. The skiing is usually great up to and past the season close. Very Happy Very Happy

The last week in April is easter holidays - so likely to be fairly busy.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

get up early and dont expect to ski too late after lunch unless you dont mind slush!
Not necessarily true. We've skied Tignes on may Day weekend for the last four years and, yes it's slushy lower down, but the glacier (and other high runs) can have winter cover (and winter snow conditions) all day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy