Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche Transceiver Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Don't want to make this sound like an advert, so apologies if it does, but due to feedback from a couple of super-mega-snowheads we have launched an avalanche transceiver rental service. With the snow rolling in at the moment, and us heading towards the latter part of the season, transceivers are an essential bit of kit esepcially if you are planning to do any off piste or venture further away to find fresh tracks.

And I would like to thank the snowheads members who suggested there was a need for a transceiver rental service, they seem to be pretty much booked out most of the time. Its not a big money maker for us, but I am an ardent user of transceivers and believer in having the right kit for the job, so hope this helps others who feel the same, but may not want to shell out for a unit yet, or are looking to ski with a group who are not so well prepared!

Do mention you are a member of snowheads if you decide to use us and we will sprinkle the packing box with some goodies Madeye-Smiley

ScottyDog
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/blog.aspx?tag=bca
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worth noting that you also rent the "holy trinity" of transceiver, shovel and probe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scottydog, good service that.

we go to the 3Vs on March 20th and i'll be either hiring or buying. will let you know.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great idea! My friend was looking at it, but it does seem a little more expensive than other options.. Alpine Ski Club, for example, will rent a transceiver to non-members for £24 for 12 days. To cover an equivalent trip, yours will be £60! I know £60 is a bargain for something that could save your life, but still a large different in price. We're actually away for 8 days, but travelling by coach, so out of the country for 10. Would that be squeezable into a week's rental?

Steve
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the responses. I am aware of SCGBs offer as I am a member but many are not. Our pricing is as low as we can get it to make it viable to hold a large stock of these just to rent and we do offer a different service:

New high capacity alkaline batteries every rental. You keep them when you return re tracker. This is so you 100% know it is fully powered.
We use the latest BCA Tracker 2 digital transceiver. These are highly regarded
We include an instructional DVD
We ship using a recorded service to ensure each rental reaches you
We include a prepaid postage returns label- so you can just drop it into your local post office and pay nothing
Each unit is fully tested in dispatch and return. Some are still brand new, all are less than 10 weeks old
We offer free on site tuition at our premises

The key thing is to get people wearing these, wherever you borrow or buy one from :0)

ScottyDog
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy