Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could France Get The 2014 Winter Olympics As Compensation?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In the wake of yesterday's unexpected defeat, three French resorts are hurriedly revising their plans to submit and possibly advance their candidatures for a future Winter Games. While in public they are expressing their regret at Paris' loss of the 2012 Summer Games, in private the competitive snowsports bodies and the resorts themselves are not entirely disappointed.

Just as a recent report from Snowsport GB showed concern about the possible squeezing of resources allocated to winter sports in the event of London winning the bid, the French Ski Federation has been equally concerned. Having gone through bankrupcy very recently, the governing body is still strapped for cash, and had Paris pulled it off the squeeze might have tightened further as resources, public and private, were reallocated to summer sports.

More details in this article.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, that's confused me. I could have sworn that you have said something like this before somewhere else, I certainly remember looking at that link - or am I daydreaming again?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ray Zorro, you could be right. I'm confused myself, having added a load of articles and general posts all over the place recently. I had just updated the original article though with a 'funny', which is why it sprang to mind.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, you mentioned this yesterday on the thread about London getting the 2012 Olympics and said " Albertville and Grenoble I think are the main contenders. I posted to either SnowHeads or SnowRacers or both on the subject a while back, I'll check." Albertville had the Winter Olympics not long ago - are they really in with a chance again so soon?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, thanks.

I suppose that there are far less countries around the world with the ability or infrastructure to stage a winter sports event of this nature, so who knows. Val d'Isère is host to the World Championships in 2009 as well. The workings of the IOC delegations' minds is a mystery to me (and, apparently to the French, going by today's press over here! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy