Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying an extension

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am sure this question has been asked a zillion times. We can get 11 Euros off per lift pass if we buy through the apartment agency. This is for 6 days Paradiski. But they will only do 6 days not 8. If I go to the ticket for an extension will they just charge the difference between a 6 day pass and a 8 day or will they charge for individual days? We are not talking big money but depending on the answer it will be worthwhile buying from the agency and upgrading or simply buying direct from the lift pass office.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Layne When I've done this to add the extra day to a 6 day pass to ski the last day before a late transfer the ticket office has always charged the difference in price between a 6 and 7 day pass rather than just the one day price (although they usually issue you another physical pass.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had the same situation in Courchevel 3 or 4 years ago and could only get a 6 day ticket with the apartment. Went to the ticket window to pay to up it from a 6 to a 7 day pass on the first day (before we'd even used the pass) and they flaty refused. We ended up having to a buy a 1 day ticket for the 7th day. Out of principle on the 7th day we were going to ski in a different nearby resort, but long story short after packing and morning faff it wasn't going to be worthwhile.

Conversely in Tignes our TO included a 6 day Tignes pass in our deal. We wanted an Espace Killy pass but the TO wanted to charge us more than the difference to convert it (ie they were adding 20 euros to difference between a Tignes and a full EK pass). So we took the included 6 days Tignes pass and on the first day before using the pass we took it to the resort ticket office and they were happy to upgrade it for us for the difference.

So your answer - depends on resort. Ring/email them to check.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmm... righty. I do love the skiing in France but this sort of dicking around is typical of the way they operate. When we went to Les Menuires a couple of years back we had problems because we went to the ticket office with the paperwork sent by the agency and the ticket office, and they didn't recognise it and said we needed something else. We trekked back to the apartment reception who claimed it should have been acceptable. We had to get them both talking on the phone before they would issue. There was also confusion over what area pass had been requested and paid for. Hence I am a bit reluctant to use these so called agencies for buying lift passes, especially if it ain't going to save me any money!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne, go to the lift pass office directly and buy whatever you want - 11 euros is just a couple of beers and you won't think twice about buying those...

enjoy the trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy