Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rear entry Boots a good idea?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These look pretty good!

http://youtube.com/v/f19CNOOYLZg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it's more the age of the plastic rather than the design of the boot in this case... but no, rear entry boots were never great. I had a pair of Salomons rear entry boots when I was young and foolish, in one particularly spectacular crash I released from my boots while the boots stayed in the bindings. Well, most of the boots stayed in, a few bits were scattered over the snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I long for rear entry boots to come back into fashion. Getting front entry ski boots on and off is more effort than actual skiing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The long winter evenings must just fly by......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing quite like a bit of rear entry. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Twisted Evil

I hated mine.

Buy proper boots!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we had a funny experience once - we were skiing with a scottish lady from our chalet who "latched" onto us as her husband did his back in and couldnt ski. she was very nice but very slow...anyway...we were just going into Orelle (the "4th valley" in the 3V ski area) and as she was poling along the flat section at the top one of her rear entry boots broke just like the one in the video - clean break across the top of the instep and the boots simply fell apart.
Well you can imagine the palava getting this 60yr old woman down into VT so she could rent snow boots - it involved a ride on a skidoo for her and tow behind for me and my friend who were helping. all was fine until the skidoo starting going downhill and used his brakes and we, skiing behind waterski style holding a rope, caught him up and overtook him. we didnt have time of the presence of mind to snow plough as we were so close to each other ! hilarious !!
she managed to hire some boots and continue with her holiday !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:
Nothing quite like a bit of rear entry. Toofy Grin

The title of the thread was always asking for a bit of innuendo bingo! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm sure they'll make a reappearance sometime.

The Salomons were such a brilliant design, light and easy to get into and out of. That uis why many of them have lasted so long. They're starting to fail now because of the age of the plastic. Compare them to modern boots which weigh a ton and which virtually dislocate your feet trying to get into them!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a pair of Salomon rear entry SX90's. Very convenient, really easy to get on and off. Obviously they didn't fit and hurt like mad when you buckled them up. Happy days.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yeh i feel like im just a fraction away from breaking my ankle getting into my boots, although really pulling on the tounge really helps open the boot and pull the boots on.

theres a company called 'Full Tilt' that make current rear-entry boots. A lot of freestyle/freeride skiiers use them, probably cos they're light (and sponsered =p)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are Full Tilt rear entry?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:

No, the tongue tilts forward hinged just above the toes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

No, the tongue tilts forward hinged just above the toes.
That's what I thought.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy