Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it possibe to do an Easter Long weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs Monkey and I had decided against a ski holiday this year due to the recent arrival of junior monkey, but now that we are settled, the prospect of a long ski weekend with the baby doesn't seem particularly daunting or unrealistic. Junior Monkey seems to be fairly portable and easy going so i doubt she would have any objections to a short ski holiday.

We have been chatting about a long weekend at easter and I recently looked around to see if I could source accommodation somewhere nice and high - in the alps probably.

The problem i've encountered is that it seems impossible to find hotels that will quote for a friday to tuesday break.

Are they all just holding out for the week long bookings?

I wonder if any snowHead have managed to find an easy solution to this? Do i just need to look harder?

PS I know scotland is a possibility - i can arrange that easy but have already done one scotland trip this year and would like some nice alpine infrastructure!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You just need to look harder Smile

Weekends are possible, but as you say a lot of hotels will want to hold out for week to week bookings.

Consider looking at lesser know resorts (although you obviouslky need to keep high up at that time), consider looking at villages outside major resorts (e.g. in St Anton it is v. hard to get weekend bookings, but go a couple of miles down the road and it's much easier). The main thing is to hold your nerve, rooms will become available at the last minute. Easter is never as busy as New Year or half term.

Scotland in late April sounds "optimisitic" to say the least. I'd look at the Tarentaise for that time of year, although other resorts will be open I hope.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy