Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine Heli Pro ski backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen a Dakine Heli Pro bag in the sale.

Can anyone tell me who has one or knows someone that has one what the horizontal ski straps are like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, I have one, but I haven't used the ski straps yet. Plenty others on here have them too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LikeHells Bells I've used one but not the straps (so far). Bag is heavy but well made and will see me out! Leaflet included describes how to fasten skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where'd you see it on sale may I ask? I have one but it's only the small one and I quite fancy the bigger effort(though I am quite tempted by ospreys line.)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christopher, I thought the ski straps carried them diagonally tro be honest, I think the snowboard carrier is horizontal. I can't look as backpack is in France.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Horizontal straps?, mine has diagonal ski carry facility if that's what you mean. Works quite well but not carried skis far, probably only few hundred metres through resort with hands full of wife/kids skis/poles. A good well fitting pack which I use mainly to carry our lunch, a flask, water and some spare gloves etc. Not sure how good it is at carrying proper stuff though. Am thinking of getting my daughter one as they do a ladies version.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher, diagonal ski straps are v good.

Carried skis for bloody miles down in les Arcs when bindings broke.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's a slightly off center diagonal carry on the heli pro. As someone stated, horizontal if you are carrying a board.

Diagonal is better for short term trips, but for more prolonged hikes (and actually going up a mountain) aframe, clips and all, every time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got one. Comfortable on back even when full. Can still sit on chairlift with pack on, tidy away straps though. Havn't carried skis, but side holster for shovel handle/ice axe is good. Durable and seems to be pretty waterproof.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers for the advice sorry I meant diagonal rather than horizontal straps. I have gone ahead and brought one.

MattMattMatt, The 20 Litres pac is reduced on surfdome.

http://www.surfdome.com/dakine_backpacks_-_dakine_heli_pro_snow_pack_-_monoblue-26583

PM me if you're interested in a further 10% discount.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy