Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Norway for flyer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recomend anywhere in Norway that is suitable for a quick short trip mid week or weekend.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hemsedal or Norefjell.

I´ve been to Hemsedal loads and I´m off to Norefjell next friday. Ryanair fly to torp.Wed flights are cheap. I got mine for 11quid (6+5booking) and 80 quid for skis.

If you go Norwegian Air you canuse their bag and get free luggage for a year.

If you go to Konsberg or Norefjell you can get the the oslo or Dramen Skibus and buy a bus ticket and day pass for 400kr (45 quid).

I´ll let you know about the norefjell conditions next week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Hemsedal or Norefjell.

meandrew, Hemsedal is the best skiresort in Northern Europe, and Norefjell, is boring, looks alot better on the slopemap than in the reality, Kongsberg is better, there is also skibus to Hafjell, a very good resort near Lillehammer, I dont know if you can fly to Bergen, nearby Voss is a very good resort with alot of snow,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freeheelskier, Eeeek so its not good. Ah well, I do get a cabin for free Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Eeeek so its not good. Ah well, I do get a cabin for free

glasgowcyclops, I was not mean to be bad with you, if you have the cabin for free, U will have a nice time anyway, but U have been in Hemsedal, so be prepared, its VERY flat on the top, and if they not have change any lifts the last five year, there is only T-bars on the higher level in the skiarea,,,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looked into this a few weeks back and it worked out super expensive.

Much cheaper options in central europe
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow, I thought as much I just thought some one might know of a cool deal or place thats cheap and off the radar a bit,have you any ideas ?.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
freeheelskier, I did not take it that you were being mean or bad. Thats why I added the Happy. I´m used to glencoe so Very Happy t-bars are not a problem. I also used to get a free cabin in Hemsedal. I love thte place. Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops wrote:
I´m used to glencoe so Very Happy t-bars are not a problem.
me too Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are loads of small local slopes in Norway, if that interests you. We spent a day at Haukeli a couple of years ago. I think it had 3 or 4 drag lifts, and about 10 slopes, and the snow was great. The lift pass and ski hire were cheap. You could easy base yourself somewhere near 3 or 4 ski areas this size for a weekend, and drive between them.

We also spent a week in Hemsedal with Ski Norway and had a good time. The small cabin we had was reasonably priced, and the two reps couldn't have been more helpful. You could see if skistar have any direct deals too.

Where the cost comes in in Norway is food and especially drink (£10 for 2 small beers is common). Flights and accommodation are cheaper elsewhere too, as a general rule, although there are some cheapish flights from London to some Norweigan airports.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have been to Hemsedal for the weekend twice but check flights as it is a far hike from Torp to Hemsedal. We tended to stop at a hotel in Gol, about an hour from Hemsedal, and then finish the drive up. It is cheaper than paying for a ski apartment (£100 for a room for a night isn't cheap but a decent breakfast is included).

The last time i checked the Ryanair flight had moved to one per day at around lunchtime which made a Thurs night out, Sunday night back, three days skiing trip impossible.

Hemsedal is good if you pick up drinks *before* you go to the baggage area but *after* you go through passport control. Just follow the Norwegians as they stock up for duty free.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just been to norefjell. Total cost is this

Flights in card fee 22pounds return
Ski carriage 80 return so 102 in total.

I have free accommodation there too, however, you can stay in a cheap en route and get the buss there. It goes from Oslo at 7.40 and the slopes open at 9.30. Perfectly groomed and a nice set of reds and blacks (did my first black run). Not as interesting as glencoe (AKA rocks) but far longer runs and the most fun I've had on skis yet. My sore legs will tell you that. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy