Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go 5th March

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, looking for suggestions. We're off (hopefully) skiing w/c 5th March. However we're leaving it late, so here's your chance to let me know where you think we should go keeping in mind:

It's Faschen week in Austria
It's Aosta Valley school hols in Italy
It's still school hols for one or two departments in France I think

And we'd obviously want to go somewhere with good snow!

Oh and we'll be driving (but don't mind a long drive, we'll stay overnight en route.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well what sort of skiing do you want?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're pretty easy really however if it helps we're good skiiers and we like to ski a lot of pistes. Challenging blacks are preferred though loads not essential. If it helps previous resorts loved are St Anton, Zermatt, Espace Killy etc. Always ski somewhere different though, try not to go back too much. As we have a car open to driving a little to get to different resorts, i.e. considered Sestriere and driving to Bardonecchia and Montgenevre for days (easier driving that the pfaff skiing Sestrier to Montgenevre.)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It's still school hols for one or two departments in France I think

Yes. You'd have a lot fewer people to share the snow with if you went the following week. And gives it a bit more time to snow, too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
would be lovely to go a week later but work unfortunately states we go on the 5th or not at all!!! Although we are sneaking off for the week between EAster and Bank Hol.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
liz09, What about the Dolomites - if you haven't already been Dolomiti Superski area is a "must do".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
why not make Montgenevre your base and then you can drive to Sestriere and Sauze Doulx for day out, plus Claviere is linked.
teh hameau apts are quite good value, but HB in Mages is really cheap depends what you want
but always good snow there
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes, in that situation I'd do the Dolomites too, no contest.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
liz09, How about you going the saturday after, ie 12th for a week to Nendaz/ 4 Vallees, and skiing into Verbier from there. I have 2 Snowjet flights for sale going at the right price, (see For Sale link here on Snowheads) - Stansted to Sion, 3/4 hour local bus transfer at other end. I can also recommend a great little hotel right next to the main lift, my room as was, we cant go!! wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
markymark29 sorry I can't go that week due to work we have to go the 5th. Pam w and RobinS any particular resort you'd recommend in the Dolomites?? I see the snow's been good in that area Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
liz09, - You could consider basing yourself in Landeck - Austria. We did this a few years ago with our car and spent the first week ski-ing Ischgl and the other resorts in the valley namely Kappl,Galtur and See - we also skied over to Samnaun in Switzerland from Ischgl. The second week we skied Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis. Also we had days at Kaunertal Glacier and Nauders. All in all a great road trip with plenty of variety. Landeck makes a good base as you are central for all these areas with short drives. The accomodation is reasonably priced here unlike in Ischgl itself. We were there the first two weeks in March and had very good snow.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was going to say Ischgl, but if you don't mind staying in the valley and driving to resort each day, Landeck would be a great option - you could St Anton up again too. Could consider Innsbruck and it's surroundings too (that's where I'll be that week).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"It's Faschen week in Austria" - what is that?

(I know how to use Google, but the only real hit is this thread!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
potfish wrote:
"It's Faschen week in Austria" - what is that?

(I know how to use Google, but the only real hit is this thread!)

"Fasching" week is carnival week, held just before Lent. Search for Fasching or Fastnacht.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you! Having trouble finding any reasonable last minute deals for next week. Wonder if that's got something to do with it.
snow report
liz09, Can you goto the US or does it have to be Europe?
snow conditions
come to Bardonecchia really good snow actually snowing as I type and has been all day, quiet resort and if you are in a car you can get to the Milky Way and Montgenvre near by, check out Sempre Ski they are british couple who have chalet and BB style accom at a reasonable price.
latest report
^^ Supposed to dump upto 90cms round that way over the next few days, trying to persuade the gf she wants to do a road trip from Innsbruck...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy