Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Service question....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My brand new Ti's took bit of a hammering last week in St Anton due to the ice and stones....there's a few scrapes and a bit of a gouge, do these need just a wax and edge sharpen or is p-tex time??

I'm off to Kitzbuhel for St Patricks week (3 weeks time) will an overnight service from one of the techie guys in the resort do them or am I better off dropping them into Snow+Rock here in Dublin to get them looked at?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Price wise Snow and Rock and St Anton are probably in the same category! If it's easy enough to drop them into slush and rubble get them done there, one less thing to worry about when you get there. Equally, you could get an overnight jobbie in resort. The techie guys will advise you on what would be best, probably a drop of p-tex!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
heidiky, I'd actually like the guys in-resort to do it cos they're the real experts and I should've phrased my question better, but if they require some p-tex work can they do that overnight?...or would they need a day or two at them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dazman, Easy done overnight Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dazman-- give Snow+Rock a call before you go in as early in the season I needed some work done and Dan told me they send most jobs to U.K. to get done, maybe that was then and things are different now, if you go up to the S.C.I ask around and you might get a willing helper, a few are excellent with repairs and tuning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely a resort job. Be easier to travel there and back presumably than your local S&R and finding a shop who do a good job is a useful tool to have going forward if you ski there a lot. One day you'll need help mid holiday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
starskee, That's a good point cos we've been to Kitzbuhel a few times and the last two time we rented instead of bringing our own, but because we've brand new planks we want to bring them.....I've emailed the dude we deal with in the ski shop but he ain't mailed back, we may have the wrong the address or may be he's just trying to tell us something!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dazman,

Depends on how deep the Gouge is! Scrapes would come of with a quick run over a stone but they may not need to be done right away.

Drop me a PM I will have a look at them for ya. I am sure briand6868, can vouch for my work Smile Will let you know if it is worth getting it done or just have them serviced and get the base grid done before the end of hte season.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fattes13, You've got mail.....I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy