Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning (already) for next year - (this years a washout due to work again), it looks like it will need to be a week at Easter. Can anyone help with recommendations for a resort, probably Austria or France that is relatively snowsure, driveable from UK and maybe traditional rather than high-rise for a family of advanced/intermediate skiers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

traditional rather than high-rise

trouble is, at Easter, you need a reasonable altitude and genuine traditional villages (as opposed to purpose built jobs trying their best to look traditional) weren't built up high. So you might need to choose between staying up near the snow, somewhere purpose built, or staying down somewhere more traditional and driving to the snow (and possibly being surrounded by blackened grass, or maybe even green grass with crocuses if the snow's been gone long enough.

I should think anywhere except the resorts in the very southern bits of France (e.g. Isola) would be driveable from the UK.

But Easter isn't usually very busy. I'd leave it till much nearer the time, and see how the snow is. If it's good, it might well be possible to go somewhere more traditional. If it's not, you'd probably want to head somewhere like Obertauern or Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikeh, Easter 2012 is April 8th, so the answer is, almost anywhere. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scandanavia via Ferry boat?
Norway will be warming up, but snow covered, as will AAre in Sweden.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easter is early-ish in 2012, schools break up around the 31st of march so could ski the first week in April. Most resorts are still going to be open with more or less full operation. Having said that I'd still go high to avoid an afternoon slush fest if you can.

Obergurgl would be the stand out resort in Austria (traditional and high) but also Lech (if your expecting a cash wind fall in 2012) and Ischgl if your into 18-30 euro trash disco. the stubai glacier (although i've never been) really gets a good write up for the villages).

If you can bare to wrench yourself from Austria or France. I'd go for Maddona in Italy(It is drivable.. well if your determined)
High snow sure late season sunny skiing. Or Saas-fee in switzerland, very high and a wonderful picture perfect, chocolate box village. Skiing is hard work bwetween lifts but probably the nicest village we've skied in.

Check out link below for maybe other ideas

http://www.greatskiholidays.co.uk/search/resort-traditional%20village%20high%20altitude

cheers LC
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alanmartin wrote:
Scandanavia via Ferry boat?
Norway will be warming up, but snow covered, as will AAre in Sweden.

That just got me thinking.... but on doing a brief bit of searching I don't think there is a direct ferry from the UK to Norway any more. Best option seems to be be a ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg, drive across Denmark then onto Norway/Sweden.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy