Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I really AM the best* skier on the mountain!

Poster: A snowHead
*of all skiers with an ACL aged 3.5 months or less wink

Yesterday on the Cucumelle run in Serre Chevalier:

http://youtube.com/v/DAiX_-WCato

(doctor allowed me to ski with a good brace and taking it more slowly than usual)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, you must be well chuffed. A great effort,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, looking good Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nicely done, and lovely snow too Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
horizon, well done.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
horizon, Great stuff. Cool Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nice one, C!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's damn near heroic. Continue to take it easy!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I dunno. You look like a bit of a gaper to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You look older than 3.5 months.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Excellent stuff - I didn't have the guts to try mine out until op+10 months, but managed to ski alpine & tele (unbraced) the first week Madeye-Smiley .

Now nearly op+3 years and wouldn't know it ever happened
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bad_roo wrote:
I dunno. You look like a bit of a gaper to me.

You don't know the half of it! Slaying the blue runs on Tankers + Barons, and being actually unable to click into my right binding without pulling it up by hand = gaperific to the extreme. But I'm still happy Very Happy

elnombre, Laughing

Thanks everyone. On Day 1, when I put my boots on and started walking to the lifts, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do anything. Seems like skiing is easier on my knees than walking...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What brace are you using - I ended up buying a Donjoy Legend* last week on FleaBay for £120 - full retail is £360

Unlike you I have had no surgery just that both ligaments are strained and I did find after a week in Jan that my knee was very sore by the end of it (not helped by attempting to slalom carve in AT boots 7 my Missions) and I'm soon out for 5 weeks so want to be able to hack it and not be too crocked

So it's more of a precaution / protection and cheaper than a Mojo which I don't think would have offered me the same protection etc plus it dug into my calves big time.

So good on you for getting out so soon.

* Should add that a very good mate is an Osteo and I did ask him for advice about the brace prior to me bidding on it, so it's the right one, for the right knee and the right size!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, good on you - I wished I looked that good and I've got two in tact knees at the moment!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
horizon wrote:
*of all skiers with an ACL aged 3.5 months or less wink

Yesterday on the Cucumelle run in Serre Chevalier:

(doctor allowed me to ski with a good brace and taking it more slowly than usual)

nice one, my daughters cruciate went when she was around 10 on a bouncy castle of all things. so well aware of the effort it takes to get back there.
funny how you have a different attitude to things when it happens to your kids Smile
snow conditions
Weathercam wrote:
What brace are you using - I ended up buying a Donjoy Legend* last week on FleaBay for £120 - full retail is £360

I hope it's authentic...
snow report
It's in excellent condition - and with all the extras etc

100% authentic - though I did ask him, only after I bought it why he sold it..........

His response.............

Gonna need more than the knee brace to sort my knee out, i'm looking at a bone graph from my hip into my knee and hamstring from left leg op into knee, complicated i know (ex footballer) cheers chris

Sad
snow conditions
horizon,
9,7 9.8 9.6 9.9 9.7 9.5 9.7 9,8 9.9 9.8

Jolly well done Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Actually I am,

wink

Looks good!
snow report
Happy to report that I went on skiing for the rest of the week, with hardly any pain in the knee (actually less than on the first day). Left last night as the snow clouds were beginning to gather...good coz I couldn't have stayed on-piste much longer!

I leave you with two pics of horizon jr, who made me up my game this past week:

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy