Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

General Strike in France - Lifts closed this Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
I have heard form my man in the mountains that there is a general strike in France and lifts are closed tomorrow (Sunday). They have been only charged 6 days lift pass as a result of the impending strike. Anyone else heard this news? Seems very bad timing for the holidays.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No-one's told us, which is odd given that we're selling the tickets and running the lifts. Neither Google nor the Dauphiné seem to know about it either. It would also be a bit foolish to have a general strike on a day of the week when the huge majority of people are on a day off and no-one expects anything to be open anyway.
Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard wrote:
No-one's told us. Which is odd given that we're selling the tickets and running the lifts.

well maybe it is just La Plagne then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wel if it is true, it's a good job my changeover day is Sunday, and my guests won't be skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good time for anyone affected to hire some kit and try skinning up.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
Neither Google nor the Dauphiné seem to know about it either.

There is no Dauphiné Libéré today because... of a general strike!

I suspect the lifts will only be closed for a limited time as a token gesture, if at all, as has happened in the past.

Still I'm surprised President Sarkozy hasn't phoned you about it, very odd.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well I heard it from Boredsurfin who has arrived in Montalbert. His friends went to but their 7 day pass and were informed of strike and only charged the price of a 6 day pass. I cannot find any reference anywhere and it does seem strange but his lordship seems to know something
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just done a search and found this http://www.larepubliquedespyrenees.fr/2011/02/18/greve-des-remontees-divergence-fo-cgt,181264.php . Looks like it's been called off if my French is up to scratch. Think there might be action in some resorts in Pyrenées. Hope there isn't a strike as my family have just bought 7 day paradiski passes this morning!
Was potentially going to affect these resorts: Val Cenis,La Norma,La Rosiere,Tignes,Val D'isère,Les Arcs,La Plagne,Meribel Alpina, Avoriaz,Les Gets, Chamrousse,Les 2 alpes,L'Alpes D'Huez,le téléphérique de la Bastille de Grenoble, Les stations du Queyras,Pra-loup,Orcières Merlette,Chaillol,St Leger,Puy Saint Vincent,Serre Chevalier,Les Orres,Super devoluy, Font Romeu,Artouste,Luchon,Gourette,Piau engally,Saint lary, peu être Chamonix,Courchevel,et Montgenèvre. So the fact Lizzard hasn't been told anything is a good sign.

Surprised nothing was mentioned before as they seem to have been threatening this for a couple of weeks. As of 16.02.11: Des préavis ont déjà été déposés à La Grave, Serre-Chevalier, dans toutes les stations du Queyras, à Puy-Saint-Vincent, Vars-Risoul, Orcières 1850 et à la station de Pra-Loup.

Would be interested to know what's going on.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AW wrote:

Surprised nothing was mentioned before as they seem to have been threatening this for a couple of weeks.

It's France, so many strikes, so little time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Found this too http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2011/02/18/la-cgt-maintient-un-preavis-de-greve-aux-arcs-et-a-la-plagne-pour-dimanche . Seems there will be at least some disruption on Sunday. Wonder which areas will be closed?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So looks like some lifts may be in operation but less than 70% of the area?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jolly decent of them to do it on British transfer day.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latest news from Radio Alpes - negotiations unsuccessful but only CGT demos at Les Arcs funicular and in Plagne Centre - mostly to discuss problems with tourists Puzzled and hand out leaflets. Apparently only mild disruption expected now, but who knows.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hadn't heard about this, but will check with our next-door neighbour, who is a liftie at Meribel
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No lift strikes in the 3V today, as far as I could tell
snow conditions
Think the threat was in just a few resorts where there were some militant CGT members - many workers are in Force Ouvriere which had called off their action. Glad my family are skiing and enjoying new snow Very Happy
ski holidays
Today in Plagne centre about 30 piste/lift/pass office staff and a dog paraded to the Funiplagne lift at 12.30 with banners in French and English, posed for photographs and then went for lunch. No lifts were closed snowHead
So our friends got 7 day passes for the price of six Very Happy
snow conditions
Yes, there was a little demo at the bottom of the Funi in Bourg, but mainly for the TV and photo shot it seemed. Did not effect the lifts in Les Arcs today.
ski holidays
There was an interview with one of the union leaders on TV8 Mont Blanc yesterday.

The issue surrounds the precarity of fixed term contracts and the way the social security then only pays 50% of the normal pay-outs despite paying full contributions. Plus the lay-offs due to the lack of snow in some resorts.

Quote:
Celui-ci est annoncé, à l'appel de la CGT, les employés des remontées mécaniques et des services de pistes. Des préavis de grève pourraient être déposés pour le samedi 19 et le dimanche 20 février. Au rang des revendications : le maintien de l'indemnisation des saisonniers pendant les périodes d'inter saisons. Les cotisations sociales et le maintien du pouvoir d'achat. Selon la CGT, les Arcs ou la Plagne entreraient dans ce mouvement. D'autres actions sont à prévoir à l'appel de F.O.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy