Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Alert - Up to 60 cm of fresh snow fallen in France and Italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taken from an email sent to me from ifyouski.

Quote:
Great news this week as snow has been falling in parts of France and Italy and more is forecast to fall over the weekend. Isola, has already received a fantastic 60cms.

I think there'll be a few disappointed punters booking with this outfit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The snow at Isola2000 is pretty good at the moment compared with most of the northern alpes resorts - but their website reports that they have had 50cm of fresh snow on the 16th Feb not the 60cm as reported on ifyouski!

http://www.isola2000.com/hiver/fr/meteo-isola2000.aspx

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/isola/interface.php?pk_interface=393&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Southern French Alps and much of Italy did actually receive fairly substantial snow from last Monday/Tuesday. And the e mail said up to 60cm. So nothing too wrong with that bar perhaps the sin of omission.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bardonecchia had about 30 cm's with more forecast for Sunday, only problem temperatures have not gone very low but the forecast for next week is for colder evening temp's
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is naughty though as 86% of British punters go to the Northern French Alps so will not have seen more than a couple of cm. Even the snowheads email report bigs up the conditions beyond what they merit.

This will give you an idea of what has fallen at 2000m

http://youtube.com/v/fasnjDveBow

at least it covers the worst of the frozen ruts.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I reckon we should all be aware that anything advertised as "up to...." has to be treated with care. "Up to 30% off all flights" says easyJet.

And information on actual snowfall is very easy to come by these days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, agreed - this sort of report should be filed along with 'tarquin was carving in 3 days', 'i averaged 120mph all the way to davos', 'my gps clocked me at 80mph', 'i paid 300euros for a burger', etc etc

perhaps this is an idea for an entertaining, 'snowheads porkys' thread? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Certainly though places around the north west of Italy (especially some of the Milky Way resorts) do seem to have fared rather better over the last few weeks. That's twice in three weeks they have had pretty heavy snow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mate coming back from Alagna said to me last night he reckoned they'd had 60cm this week - was very very impressed with the area.

Have our annual trip with our guide in the middle of my Serre Che sojurn and we're now thinking of going up to Alagna for half the week for a change to our normal stuff, as ever will depend on conditions - still hoping for a lot more snow as we really want to explore the Queyras this year but could be just one of those years Sad

That's why I take my bike as well Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy