Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm aware there are lots of individual topics on particular bindings, but is there a thread with a binding buying guide on here? ie: bindings for intermediates, advanced, off piste, park-tricks etc

And if there is a thread, can it be made a sticky please =) snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I know there isn't a great deal in bindings, certainly to the level of detail you are suggesting. It's Alpine or Touring, and that's it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are differences but its not generally something for most skiers to sweat over.

If you're seriously into piste carving a riser plate or raised binding can help.

If you're heavy or particularly aggressive a binding with lots of metal rather than plastic in it can be a good idea.

Generally build quality (i.e. metal) goes up with price and DIN range but all alpine bindings are indemnified to the same safety standards.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob wrote:
There are differences but its not generally something for most skiers to sweat over.

If you're seriously into piste carving a riser plate or raised binding can help.

If you're heavy or particularly aggressive a binding with lots of metal rather than plastic in it can be a good idea.

Generally build quality (i.e. metal) goes up with price and DIN range but all alpine bindings are indemnified to the same safety standards.

Thanks Bob, bought 2nd hand skis for years, but gona treat myself to my first new pair, so advice on particular bindings would be really handy,

Wouldn't necessarily call myself aggressive, not at competition level, but have skied for 22 years, I'm making more effort to improve my carving technique, so if a riser plate helps i'd be in the market.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
why not swap over your bindings from an old pair of skis?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy