Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine at the start of April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, found a good deal for Morzine for a week at the start of April. Is this a high enough resort for this time of year? What are the conditions like at the moment? I'd be grateful for any info.
Cheers,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=fr_morzine

Does not look too good at the moment. But all can easily change.
I would rather wait for last minute deal and see the conditions.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pack yer wellies
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have booked a trip to Morzine on the 26th March for a week. We have opted to stay high though at the Le Viking at Pleney. As Tom W says not great at the moment but can all change so quickly. Morzine not as high as other resorts so I understand that it needs less depth of snow to cover the pistes than some of the higher French resorts. We are keeping everything crossed that the slightly more unsettled weather that seems to be slowly arriving in the Alps does result in some decent snowfall and builds the base depth up again. Five weeks and counting.......... Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lemracyrrap,

Generally you should be fine until at least mid April. This year isn't a classic snow year so far, but it's way too soon to make any decisions about early April. If there's a good deal now, there will be a good deal nearer the time.

Height is even less relevant these days than ever. Are you looking for a big off piste adventure or just good springlike piste conditions?

It will take 15cms to get most pistes into impeccable condition although there are going to be bare patches in the tricky spots all season. Then again, there are bare patches on the tricky spots in a great season so nothing new there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name + 1

Usually I'd have no hesitation in recommending Morzine the first week of April. But this year I think you'd be wise to wait and see what the snow does (or doesn't) do in March.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ive booked Chatel 1st week April and I'm not worrying too much. As long as I can drive to Pre La Joux and get across to Avoriaz, I know I'll find half decent conditions.... At least its skiing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
great for mountain biking Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lemracyrrap, you've always got Avoriaz if conditions are poor on the lower slopes - so I wouldn't be too worried.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Usually it's still good in April. Obviously conditions are not normal at the moment, but that can all change very quickly. Even with the small amount of snow that's fallen this year 80% of pistes are open in Morzine and 75% across the Portes du Soleil and are generally in a good condition.

Book the first week in april and there's tons of free music happening across the Portes du Soleil with the Festival des Concerts Sauvages: http://www.festivaldesconcertssauvages.com/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lemracyrrap, when you say Morzine do you actually mean the resort of Morzine itself of the extended area of the PDS with Avoriaz etc ? The wider region will have good skiing potential but if you have toddlers and want some local 'at resort' piste skiing it may not be the best option in comparison to Avoriaz itself or a higher resort e;se where. Morzine is a lovely town though and a good place to be based.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the info. I think I'm going to book nearer the time, and go to where the snow is good! Lets hope theres some last minute deals in a month or so...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy