Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnOasis s'now on again?

Poster: A snowHead
Lifted from In The Snow (The UK's most read ski mag) February 2011 p26 http://www.inthesnow.com/?p=2532:

£350 million
Groundwork to begin in March 2011
Construction to begin in September 2011
Completion Q2 2014
415 metres
Rare newts' ecological concerns allegedly allayed.

Anyone confirm this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i work for a construction company that are hoping to do work on this site and we've been keeping an eye on this for literally years! we have good information that the project has been 'put on hold' until further notice, i doubt it will start this year........i was at the site only last week and there is NO sign of anything happening at all.......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, Do you know where I can get some of those "rare newts"?

PSG
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cbowls30, Are you at SRM?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gilleski wrote:
slikedges, Do you know where I can get some of those "rare newts"?

PSG

LOL....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cbowls30, thought as much as would've expected to have heard more about it, but the guy in the article sounded pretty definite about it

gilleski, funny thing is I heard that particular variety was native to Hemel - can you confirm? They aren't known to be great migraters...

In any case I'd recommend sticking with the more common great crested piste tazza variety, which need less looking after. snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
slikedges, I think they travel well in the back of a well known German auto manufacturer Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are definitely still working on the project (I think they 've now sorted the newt issue!), but last I heard I think they don't have all their funding in place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1, any news rumours about the olympic site that you can share? It was acer and i would be surprised if they wanted to stick with it past the construction phase.... personally i think oasis is doomed to failure as a winter park, much better a big one in central london (15 minutes from my house Toofy Grin )

Fancy doing newt hunting PSG ? the poor things need to be returned home to Ipswich wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just can't see the funding being offered for this scheme.

You wouldn't build a Disneyland in Gt Blakenham, let alone a resort that appealed to such a small minority.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone seen any of those rare SnowNewts indigineous Hemel area recently?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowshark, I have just discovered a very rare orchid in the chilttern hills. It's used for it's healing powers by an ethnic group of hill dwellers left over from the Saxon times. I am currently doing a re location deal with the elders.

PSG
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gilleski, is this a cunningly disguised recruitment scheme?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gilleski, But I have heard that the climate in a certain area of east Anglia is particularly suited to certain types of rare orchid. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not before time that they got a move on .. yep I live in Ipswich and the nearest fridge is Hemel - 98 miles and the nightmare known as the M25 , near enough a 200 mile trip for some snow. Bring it on 10 mins up the road would be just fine.
latest report
mish1953, they aren't getting a move on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy