Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race training At Braehead SnoZone Glasgow??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I used to race dry slope in bearsden a little when younger and at uni for the race team. now 30 and heard thats there is a race training night at braehead on a tues evening? anyone been? will i look like the oldy with a bunch of teenagers? interested in getting good again and entering the british indoor races i have just discovered. Any help or info would be much appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
b4d4bing, mostly 10 -15 year olds , and local race club coaches , not sure if snowzone have any coaches/instructors there on a Tuesday night. Might be worth contacting Bearsden as Ive seem them training at Braehead before , think it may have been a sunday morning though. Here is alink to some indoor races http://www.britishindoorgrandprixseries.org.uk/events.php , also worth checking www.britski.org for the summer race calendar.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thought that might be the case. not sure i have enough balls to look crap in front of some little kids! ha! all the race training and racing seems focused on children. what happens to all the 18+ year olds that want to still race for fun? pity. might still go and have a gander.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
b4d4bing, Glasgow ski centre run some "adult" (read old timers) race training sessions on the plastic and may do some stuff at braehead, worth a call
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers will do
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yea there is race training on at glasgow breahead every tuesday night all year round , which is open for all ages. they have a really good set up with a couple of coaches there every night to maintain the course and there for help if you need it . its well worth going to if you have the chance. i really enjoy it personally
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is always a coach on hand to help. It is not a formal coaching session. It is an open training evening. Most of the regulars are from local clubs, uni teams, police clubs and a mix of instructors/coaches who come in to train as well as those who wanting to do it just for the fun of it. Various members of the Scottish team come in when they are not travelling. Sunday mornings are when clubs can train with their own coaches. There is a junior race group based at Braehaed but the majority of their training is on Sundays. Fairly regular and friendly crowd with a mix of ages.

Dont worry about the age, the kids do their own thing and you wont get in anyones way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy