Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Renoir, Ski Power La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure what was going on with ski power this week but the Chalet service was pretty horrendous.
The chalet it's self was fine, nice rooms etc but the service and food were so bad it was actually funny.
I'm not sure if the lack of food, (there were by no means the six courses promised) or the fact there wasn't actually enough crockery for everyone is what I should mention first.
Or the dirty kitchen.
Or the phone call from pip at head office ( following a phone call to our travel agent) screaming that we had no right to complain and if we wanted better food we should have upgraded to a better package.
Or the three people being so sick they couldn't ski for two days
Or the fact we were accused of breaking the dishwasher (we didn't the chalet staff didn't know how to load orclean it so we showed them)
Or the fact that there was no coffee all week ( we're in France and there was no coffee)
Yes, our four star expensive chalet holiday left a lot to be desired.

The worst bit though had to be the lack of food, breakfast was ceral or porridge (if you got up to be there first as there usually wasn't enough for everyone) afternoon tea a single cake between eleven, no bread and dinner barely two courses. Canapes one night was a single cocktail sausage roll thing each, desert a fresh pear.

We did complain about the dirt and manager cans diwn to clean and ensure that therewas more food but we got abuse for daring to complain.

Honestly if you want a good holiday travel with someone else!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmn. Sounds too bad to be true.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sally D - I Couldn't disagree with this post more. I stayed in Chalet Renior two weeks ago and had the best Skiing holiday I've ever had. The food was amazing and was definitely the 5 courses advertised. I think the fresh pear you are referring to was a poached pear. A delicious dessert. Perhaps if you knew what was being served to you you might appreciate it more? And the cocktail sausage I think must have been the salami cone. Regarding the dishwasher comment Hayley and Dave certainly knew how to unload and load a dishwasher properly, your clearly over reacting (who doesn't know how to work a dishwasher!)
Breakfast was a varying hot option every day. ONE day it was porridge, the other days we had bacon and eggs, pancakes, sausage and eggs just to name a few. Continental breakfast was provided every morning as well with coffee may I add.
Afternoon tea was great! Lovely cakes which fed 12 people! French Baguette with jams and fruit.
I simply don't believe that you got abuse for "daring to complain". If the chalet staff with any company gave their guests abuse they would be sacked, why would they want to do this? Please detail the so called abuse they gave you.
Lastly about some people in your party being sick, Hayley advised us not to eat at the Marmottons because a few people had been sick recently. She mentioned that some guests had eaten there on the Tuesday day off and had come down ill the next day. Wasn't this sickness spread over your friends chalet as well?? A completely un related chalet companies chalet on the other side of town?
All in all I cant disagree more. Ski Power provided us with a great holiday, great staff, great chalet and fabulous food.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LucyJ, how long have you been working for Ski Power for? FFS, you even know the "names" of the dishes. This is the least convincing employee attempting to defend poor performance I've ever seen.

Come clean, and we might have some respect for you, otherwise this is likely to get a bit embarrasing for Ski Power. I'd suggest addressing the concerns and contacting the person complaining directly to try and resolve, but feel free to try and carry on this charade.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and the OP made no mention of anyone being sick at another chalet. Nice work, you were clearly there on the week in question. Probably working in the resort somewhere. It would be funny if this wasn't likely to result in someone at Head Office suggesting you avoid representing the company without their authority.

If this is someone at Head Office, I genuinely despair.

I'm just trying to work out whether you are Hayley or Dave. Tough one.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Laughing welcome to snowHeads LucyJ, but I do have to admit you're not very convincing at being just a 'punter'. I don't think I've ever been so enthusiastic about a ski trip as you are in your post. How did you come across this thread? I've quoted your post for posterity - just in case wink

And where did you get the idea that the sick friends were staying in another chalet?

LucyJ wrote:
Sally D - I Couldn't disagree with this post more. I stayed in Chalet Renior two weeks ago and had the best Skiing holiday I've ever had. The food was amazing and was definitely the 5 courses advertised. I think the fresh pear you are referring to was a poached pear. A delicious dessert. Perhaps if you knew what was being served to you you might appreciate it more? And the cocktail sausage I think must have been the salami cone. Regarding the dishwasher comment Hayley and Dave certainly knew how to unload and load a dishwasher properly, your clearly over reacting (who doesn't know how to work a dishwasher!)
Breakfast was a varying hot option every day. ONE day it was porridge, the other days we had bacon and eggs, pancakes, sausage and eggs just to name a few. Continental breakfast was provided every morning as well with coffee may I add.
Afternoon tea was great! Lovely cakes which fed 12 people! French Baguette with jams and fruit.
I simply don't believe that you got abuse for "daring to complain". If the chalet staff with any company gave their guests abuse they would be sacked, why would they want to do this? Please detail the so called abuse they gave you.
Lastly about some people in your party being sick, Hayley advised us not to eat at the Marmottons because a few people had been sick recently. She mentioned that some guests had eaten there on the Tuesday day off and had come down ill the next day. Wasn't this sickness spread over your friends chalet as well?? A completely un related chalet companies chalet on the other side of town?
All in all I cant disagree more. Ski Power provided us with a great holiday, great staff, great chalet and fabulous food.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have stayed with Ski Power twice and have had no complaints and indeed have recommended them to others. I also found the original post hard to believe. Whether LucyJ is a plant or not it's a shame though that Ski Power dont openly come on here and respond to the allegations. .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i do think threads like this are a good reason to keep post counts. i don't give a lot of credibility to someone who only seems to register to slag off a tour op, nor to i give any credibility at all to posts like that of one post wonder LucyJ
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, at least SallyD, has a coupl eof unmoany based posts on the forum!

I am quite enjoying these sock-puppety comebacks... more please!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pure gold Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm just interested in the exotic sounding salami cone...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eithnem wrote:
I have stayed with Ski Power twice and have had no complaints and indeed have recommended them to others. I also found the original post hard to believe. Whether LucyJ is a plant or not it's a shame though that Ski Power dont openly come on here and respond to the allegations. .

Frankly, if their approach above is their response to allegations, I think we can live without it.

I've written off Ski Power (awful name anyhow) as a possible option for any ski holiday based on a bad review, that I agree could have been axe-grinding or anything else, but the badly veiled employee post sealed it for me. I don't want to do business with any company that operates like that, even if the chalet is actually nowhere near as bad as reviewed. I consider it fraud. I won't deal with liars or charlatans if I can avoid it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, Laughing thought you were loved up.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Willing to spend the time signing up to SH's and making up a fake review but can't be arsed getting any coffee in. Lucy J this really is pathetic customer service! Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've stayed with Ski Power once before and would stay again ONLY if the price and location were right, and I'd probably only do so on a self drive basis... Thought they were OK, just a bit tight (more so than ski world) and they seen to use young inexperienced staff. The chalet I stayed in in Courchevel Le Praz was well located, rooms were somewhat small, the food was good, but our chef was more organised (and had ambitions in catering) than some of the others in the same building - came to borrow stuff from ours (eggs and milk). Also not quite enough crockery for the full chalet (ours only had the 4 of us).

They weren't pushy with the extra spend stuff and as we self drove (and skied on the arrival day - first lifts more or less) we didn't sort anything through them, prefering the wander in to the lift office and hire shops on arrival approach.
snow report
In the absence of Masque v davidl this was looking like the best entertainment to be had on a wet Tues afternoon, but where have you gone SallyD and LucyJ?
ski holidays
ww166no, Both gone back to work? wink Although it does look like there are genuine problems with that chalet...

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review765716.html
snow conditions
Quote:

ww166no, Both gone back to work?

. . . and when did that stop anyone posting on here? Especially if they work for the TO Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ww166no wrote:
In the absence of Masque v davidl this was looking like the best entertainment to be had on a wet Tues afternoon, but where have you gone SallyD and LucyJ?

you know they will never be seen again... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Dear all.

As requested Ski Power here. Apologies we haven't seen this thread before, it has only just been brought to our attention.

Just to be clear with everybody. LucyJ is not a planted or veiled Ski Power employee, or at least certainly not somebody with any form of authorisation or permission from Ski Power. If it was David or Hayley (which I doubt) they were acting without any permission from us.

We don't actually know who SallyD is as she has not made a complaint to us (in fact we have no complaints registered for Chalet Renoir for last season) So we looked back through all bookings last season and can't find a person with the christian name Sally at all last season. I know that SallyD may well be an sudanom!!! Anyway to the comments she has raised:

Lack of food:
Ski Power offer a set menu to our clients that is set to be nutritional and adequate. Obviously we can't provide limitless portions etc. We have looked through our feedback forms for Chalet Renoir last season and the rating for food in that chalet was 100% either Good or Excellent. ie 0% feedback at Average or poor

Dirty Kitchen:
Again the feedback for cleanliness in Chalet Renoir was 0% either Good or Excellent. ie 0% feedback at Average or poor

Phone call from Pip:
I am confident that Pip would not have responded in this fashion, it's certainly not a level of customer service that we would want to portray. Any complaints that are raised by clients are treated seriously and we attempt to put any mistakes or shortcomings that we have correct as quickly as we possibly can. I'm not Pip by the way!!!

Three people being sick:
I can't really say much about this. Not sure we can be held responsible for people being sick (unless of course it is down to our food hygiene) I take LucyJ's comments into account as well. From our perspective, all of our cooks / chefs come into our employ with previous catering experience and food hygiene certificates. In addition to this we also put all staff through our own food hygiene course, which is certified by an independent examiner.

No Coffee all week.
Really???? If, as you have said this was the case did you raise this with the staff and manager? We have supplies of coffee in our reserve store in resort and therefore any shortage, if there was one would be able to be corrected that day.

Resort manager abuse
Gerald, our resort manager in La Tania last season is such a calm character that I really struggle to think that he would be abusive in any way shape or form. It's just not in his character. However, if he was abusive I would have expected you to immediately complain to us here at Head Office... Did you?? We certainly have no record of receiving such a complaint.

I am certainly not here trying to defend inexcusable shortcomings, where we make a mistake we admit it and resolve it and we apologise (we are human and we do make mistakes) but in this instance I feel that we haven't really done anything wrong. SallyD, you obviously had a holiday that you were not happy with and I personally am very sorry about that. It is not in our interest to have unsatisfied clients and I would welcome you contacting me directly by post or by email through ski powers web site at www.skipower.co.uk or PM me on here and we can discuss the problems that you experienced directly.

Ski Power do not profess or aspire to be a luxury Tour Operator brand and we are certainly not a four star hotel experience. Rather we provide a good holiday experience at one of the best prices in the market. We try and set client expectations at this level. We hope that all of our clients have a great holiday with us.

Craig Norwood
Managing Director
Ski Power Ltd
latest report
Welcome to snowHeads Craig and well done for raising your head above the parapet, so to speak, and be willing (or mad enough) to engage with us.
snow report
flangesax wrote:
ww166no wrote:

you know they will never be seen again... rolling eyes

Ahh... I think I've got it now...

Both names have the same type of build quality... real name followed by capital surname letter type thang... so maybe the same person?

LucyJ/SallyD = an employee.... received some complaints at the resort.... makes a complaining post on here as SallyD only to counteract it with a glowing report with too much detail from LucyJ so that when skipower comes along SallyD/LucyJ look FAB

got it?.....
latest report
flangesax, then why leave the best part of 6 months to respond?
latest report
The chalet is nice, the place is also nice.
The only thing for you people thinking about this chalet is to know that it is not ski in/out chalet, no matter what it says on the website.

Second thing to be sure to check out while booking the place is that children are treated as adults, even if they are only 1 or 3 years old, than you'd pay 300 pounds more for every child.

You have to understand - ski power might paint you a better picture than it is and might charge you for every little nonsense that they decide on
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy