Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eating Out in Golden, Revelstoke and Sicamous?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This time next week we will be skiing at Kicking Horse, before heading off to Revelstoke for a couple of days and then Sicamous for 2 days with K3 Catskiing. Waheyyyyy! Very Happy Very Happy

We will be staying in Golden, Revelstoke and Sicamous for a couple of nights each. As we've not been to any of the areas before we would be interested to know if any snowHeads have any restaurant recommendations?

We like most stuff (including Mexican, Italian, Thai, Chinese and steaks/good burgers) and are not particularly after fine dining - more like good, value for money grub - with a bit of atmosphere preferred...

Also, our Revelstoke hotel doesn't provide brekky - any recommendations for that would be helpful.

Only 6 nights to go wink

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Golden - choice, hmmm. The Greek Place next to Packers. Bit of atmosphere, eat in Packers, used to be the same food
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Golden - choice, hmmm

A bit of a one horse town then? Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Revelstuck - at the moment the road is closed to and from Golden.
We liked Zala's when we went last year good food and great service pizza, pasta, burgers and steaks. Book if you can.
There is a whole host of breakfast places in Revelstoke the main street has 3 or 4 places and there are the big names just off the highway.
You know the ones if you have been to Canada.
We ate at the Copper horse lodge in Kicking Horse that was good.
Good luck with the roads. Check up on the weather network for the forecast and the road state before you drive to Revelstoke.
Just watching the sunset from the window of the condo in Silver Star
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We ate at a lovely indian restaurant in Golden a few years ago (the first curry house I found in Canada), think it was called Mannie's Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The "Mad Trapper" right out the back (but easily within walking distance) of Golden town serves good pub grub, and the place itself is quite a joint. All logs and stuffed animals, right on the bank of KH river.

Try the Halibut steaks on Friday with chips and peas, much better than it sounds.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yeah, back to Golden, there's also "fresh meat Mondays" at the Roadhouse, buy it might be a bit chewy............. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are very few restaurents in Sicamus. Its a slightly odd place. Full of beached houseboats.

Whenever we have bben there, we have always eaten at the pub behind the Super 8; not a place I would particualrly recommend,but not entirely sure where else there is.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fresh Meat Mondays? They still doin them?

Hope so - a small glimmer of hope for the real in an increasingly happy, clappy, shiny, corporate world of bland.

One of the most entertaining nights of my life - and there's been a few. Don't recall much about the food though!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Which way are you heading to Sicamus from... I would eat somewhere else to be honest.

Golden - Mad trappers is probably your best bet.... There are a couple of places on the strip before the bridge but I've never been in them.

Revelstoke - Much more choice - the curry place on the high street is good for lunches / early evenings. The sports bar at the end was surprisingly good although the decor leaves a little (looks like a canteen). There are a couple of bakerys in Revelstoke for breakfast - the one I prefer is near the railway lines about halfway along the road. (Sorry can't remember the name). My experience suggests that trying to have a "quick" breakfast in a diner as you want to head to the slopes can be a frustrating experience so I always go take out.

Plenty of snow currently...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy