Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know of a hotel near glenshee?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I have been going up to glenshee since i started skiing in 2009 and I love it, for obvious reasons I cant be going to austria 5 times a year.

I usually stay in the Crerar hotel in pitlochry which is a 40 minute drive from the ski area. I was looking to book up for a week day and they are charging outrageous prices this year.

Last year i got an AMAZING deal where it was £15p.p.p.n, i think that was a ONE OFF kind of thing, now they are charging about £90 per night for for the two of us.

Can anyone please suggest a hotel that is cheap? The spittal of glenshee hotel is fully booked.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you thought about Braemar. It is almost as close as the Spittal and you have the advantage of being in a village.

I cannot recommend anywhere as it is more than 20 years since I did this last, I am sure you can find hotels and guesthouses on the internet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Fife Arms Hotel, Braemar Use any of the hotel booking sites e.g booking.com, latebooking.com. Around £55 for 2 incl breakfast and it's a big imposing Victorian Hotel. Only 15 mins to slopes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys! Ill have a look at those sites.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have you checked out Gulabin Lodge Bunkhouse at Spittal of Glenshee, never used it myself. Other than that there must be loads of other hotels b&b's in Pitlochry, Blairgowrie or possibly Kirkmichael that can give you a good price.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we stayed in the gulabin lodge last year, a bit cramped but ideal for a weekend and probs as close to the slopes as you can get. also try the spittal of glenshee hotel, we had a few pints there and it seemed quite nice but may be expensive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sainter, depending on how much luxury you want......the syha hostel in Braemar is nice, and you can book private rooms. A bed in a dorm would be around £15pn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"A bed in a dorm would be around £15pn" yea id expect that,, which is why it was such a surprise that i got a room for £15pppn INCLUDING BREAKFAST!

I think it may have been a bug in the booking system maybe? or they were extremely desperate!! who knows Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sainter wrote:
Hey guys, I have been going up to glenshee since i started skiing in 2009 and I love it, for obvious reasons I cant be going to austria 5 times a year.

I usually stay in the Crerar hotel in pitlochry which is a 40 minute drive from the ski area. I was looking to book up for a week day and they are charging outrageous prices this year.

Last year i got an AMAZING deal where it was £15p.p.p.n, i think that was a ONE OFF kind of thing, now they are charging about £90 per night for for the two of us.

Can anyone please suggest a hotel that is cheap? The spittal of glenshee hotel is fully booked.

it's great to see the spittal hotel is fully booked. always wondered how much business they got as glenshee is only 1.5 hours from home never needed one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I booked in at the fife hotel in braemar, it looks really nice. £65 for two people for 1 night, not to bad.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm looking at the weather : http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Glenshee/6day/mid 5cm snow on tuesday night, and im going up on wednesday morning. THis may sound stupid but how much snow does it take for a road to be closed? XD
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I heard the Log Cabin hotel in Kirkmichael has been taken over and it's pretty cool but don't know how much they charge.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy