Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses

Poster: A snowHead
Not wanting to spend a packet on sunnies as I seem to break them fairly frequently.

Looking to spend £20 possibly £30 as its coming out of student loan so no suggestions of Oakleys.

Is there anywhere on the web that does skiing sunglasses at a reasonable rate? Prefreably avoiding the inflated prices of EB and Snow + Rock.

Or is it worth waiting to get into resort and picking up a pair?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, maybe Amazon. Or if you want to try them on, somewhere like a local Boots.

TK Maxx, Decathlon, also worth a look if there are any near you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Christopher, Have a look for Rayzor sunglasses on eBay. I bought a pair as a spare for last season and thought they were just as good as my Oakleys. And at less than a tenner shipped you won't have lost much if you don't like them!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Christopher, my son got a pair with interchangeable lens from Aldi for about a fiver.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christopher, Uvex do good glasses for that money
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

my son got a pair with interchangeable lens from Aldi for about a fiver.

then you wouldn't mind sitting on them. I have to say that I have never spent anything like £30 on a pair of sunnies!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, he broke his last ones when face-planting off-piste.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

he broke his last ones when face-planting off-piste

Laughing then £5 sounds about right. Imagine doing that to a pair of expensive glasses!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, me and middle daughter both have a set of the aldi ones and the Buxton branch had several pairs in stock today still. Do the job just fine, are comfy to wear and at fiver an absolute bargain which you can afford to break or loose without getting to upset.
Have also got a set of the Rayzor sunglasses/goggles combo things which did a perfect job in all conditions last year after my 5 year old managed to remove the non-removable lens from my goggles on the first night of our holiday!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 12-02-11 17:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Decathlon.Had my set for years.Cat4,wraparound frames,very comfy Very Happy As someone who suffers in bright light,I have to be careful,and these are excellent.Think they were £9.99,though I have to say I've never found Decathlon expensive for anything.Would never,ever consider spending £30 on a pair of sunnies rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oakleys are tragic.

Cheap sunnies look tragic.

Get a creditcard.

Buy some Cutlers or something.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Would never,ever consider spending £30 on a pair of sunnies

Me neither; some of these young folk have evidently got access to more credit than is good for them (where's that old bat smiley?).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think mine were around £30 (or more Shocked ) but I've been skiing 14 years now and they're only my second pair. As I only wear goggles when it's snowing, I'll pay what it takes to get something comfy, that fits my face, is good in most light conditions and doesn't steam up. (Oh, one lens did come partly detached on last faceplant but a quick shove back and they were good as new!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, I seem to remember that one Laughing . That will teach you to follow my hubby, why do you think I don't ? !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells, Laughing I'll think twice next time! I do hope there'll be a next time though. That was such a good holiday! snowHead
ski holidays
frankm wrote:
Christopher, Have a look for Rayzor sunglasses on eBay. I bought a pair as a spare for last season and thought they were just as good as my Oakleys. And at less than a tenner shipped you won't have lost much if you don't like them!

i bought 2 pairs a couple of weeks ago after breaking my oakleys (only 3 weeks old) do the job really well and 17 pound for 2 pairs pretty good as i seem to break a fair few pairs of sunglasses a season.
snow report
maggi, we enjoyed it too.
ski holidays
oakleys are the only way to go great replacement service if damaged
latest report
Christopher, keep an eye on eBay. If you break them all the time Oakleys could well be the most cost effective in the long run. Since when were student loans for sensible purchases? Wink
snow report
I like Bloc sunglasses, most of the ski/outdoors shops sell them and most are around £25 to £35.
I have tried Cebe's and Oakleys but don't seem to suit my eyes as well as the Bloc's do.
snow conditions
I'm an affiliate for Habervision so you can get 50% off (http://habervision.com/ use "ssh" as the affiliate code). I like them and use both their glasses and goggles.
snow conditions
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-uvex-sky-brite-safety-work-glasses-cycling-smoke-/160539874700?pt=UK_SportingGoods_SportsSunglasses_SM&hash=item2560ec158c

You'll be gobsmacked as to how good these glasses are on snow. Great optics, excellent wind stoppage and comfortable. Also, a steal at this money. The seller is a pal, so I know they're good value. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Mike SWest wrote:
I like Bloc sunglasses, most of the ski/outdoors shops sell them and most are around £25 to £35.
I have tried Cebe's and Oakleys but don't seem to suit my eyes as well as the Bloc's do.

I like Bloc too - they're fine for me, so I've never bothered with more expensive makes.
ski holidays
I bought my Oakley polarized romeo v2.0's for 230 quid like 4 years ago, still going strong and in that time i've sat on them, dropped them, stood on them. All manner of abuse.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy