Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski tech courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On Natives web site they advertise ski tech courses of between 1 and 3 days held in Kendal and Basingstoke, I was just wondering if any snowHeads had tried them as I'm thinking of signing up for a 3 day course
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never heard of them before, they look quite interesting.

That said (and bootfitting aside as I reckon that is a tricky and skilled thing) most people I know just picked up ski teching as a natural part of learning skiing. I was P-texing and waxing in my parents' kitchen at 12 years old, for example. I might have struggled to re-build a sidewall...

What do you want to get out of it? Sorry, as I type I realise that's a stupid question. Why do you want to do it? Just curious and very interested in your review if you go ahead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, Why because you can always learn new tricks, I've been doing my own basic ski maintenance for years but I'd like to know if I can improve on what I know already, as for boot fitting well my feet are a real pain to deal with so having a bit more knowledge would be useful, maybe I'd even use the knowledge to help get a job Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've seen those courses and know a couple of people who've been on them, they seem happy. I quite fancy them but it's not a good location.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me the Basingstoke site is just up the motorway, I'd prefer to pay the Kendal prices though wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, Never done the course, but know the guys who run the courses, it's a local shop run by Andy Taylor, called Anything Technical.Both Andy and Pete have been in the ski business for years and are very experienced. They are also distributers for the Wintersteiger equioment.
www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk

If you do decide to do the course in Kendal, drop me a PM. Should be able to arrange a social drink.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
srobbo, no I'll do it in Basingstoke as it's a lot closer, wink but thanks for the offer snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy