Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Les Terasses de Véret Apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed at the Les Terasses de Véret Apartments. If i am right these are the new apts by the 8 man express and the bus pick up point. We have booked a seven bed between 6 of us so was wondering how big these are or are they like the usual French apts. Hoping that the snow holds up as we should be able to almost ski to the door
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mightysaints, I'll be interested to hear what people say as they were in progress last time we were there. They looked good from what we could see at that stage and as you know, perfect location.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have not stayed there but in the P & V next door many times. At Xmas I went and asked if I could have a look around a two bed 6/7 person appt. I know they have several different layouts but I'm sorry to say the one I was shown was on the small side. It will certainly be the P&V again for me. I hope you have a great time and please report back your thoughts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gsb, P&V is lovely & roomy, would have to be really nice at Terasses to coax away I agree (even if it's even handier Laughing )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife and I have just returned from a weeks stay at "Les Terasses de Veret". The staff were very freindly and helpful and any problems were dealt with straight away (no chairs on the balcony and no clothes airer). We stayed in a 2/4 person appartment (a small bedroom with double bed and sofa bed in the living room). Although quite a compact it was adequate and more comfortable than others i have stayed in. Storeage space was a bit tight and there seemed to be a lack of hangers. They appear to rely on the guests leaving the rooms clean and we were unfortunate (or maybe just over fussy) and felt we needed to clean the room.

The first few nights were fine but the second part of the week seemed overly noisy, we have been told that this was due to the a large influx of students into the resort and therefore appartment blocks. We also understand that the students paid a fraction of the cost which was a little hard to accept being that the appartment was not cheap. Although this was true of many of the blocks in the resort.

The main reason for picking this block was that it had a pool which although not huge (i would guess about 15m) it was nice to have a relaxing swim while looking out at the mountains after a day on the slopes there was also a steam room and outdoor hot tub.

On deciding whether to stay again my main concern would be that of noise which is a real shame as it really is in a great location.

One last point set aside half an hour on arrival to carry out an inventory check. We felt we were doing their job!

I hope this doesn't sound too negative as overall we had a really great stay in Flaine and met some great people and are already planning our next trip.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
LDM thanks

It was student week last week in a lot of resorts as well so hopefully it will be a bit quieter, anyway if i do get some idiots causing mayhem next to me they will wish they hadn't. Apt sounds pretty good. How was the snow holding up by the apts, looks like snow on the way so should be OK
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

It was student week last week in a lot of resorts as well so hopefully it will be a bit quieter,

mightysaints, when are you going? It will be v busy till mid March (French school holidays) but families should be much quieter than students.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LDM, really appreciate your honest report of the apartments.

We have twice stayed at the P and V Residence next door and like the spaciousness of the apartments with lots of storage too. (one bedroom, south-facing for 2 adults and 2 kids). But we have been tempted to look into the "Les Terasses de Veret" because of the pool. The noise issue would decide it for us tho as we do like a good nights sleep after a day on the slopes.

Will keep an eye out for others views, thanks
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are off to Flaine on the 12th of March, booked this week bcause there are no school hols. Picked Flaine this year as we enjoyed it last it last year for 3 reasonably good skiers, big enough area to explore, good mix of runs, pretty good lifts, nice but not to hard core off. We are a large mixture of abilities this year (15 of us)so i think Flaine fits the bill for us. Good for beginners, inters and powder freaks. Had a big dump off snow last year on the Thursday, very bad weather at night and early morning. Many people packed up and got sorted for the Sat trip home. Then come midday out came the sun and it was stunning. A good 2 foot in places on and even better off as the bashers hadn't got near slopes. One of the best days skiing ever Shame it was on a Friday but better than being in the office.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

ff to Flaine on the 12th of March, booked this week bcause there are no school hols.

good move!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Considering the lack of new snow the slopes seemed to be holding out well. It got hotter through the week and was clear that at resort level it was melting. Despite this skiing back to the appartment (or at least the road adjacent to it) was no problem. Conditions were obviously better in the morning and getting wetter through the day but there was no problem finding places to ski.

It seems more snow is expected although as always how much seems to be constantly changing.

To be fair although there was a noise issue it seems this was true for the whole resort. Maybe we were just unlucky to be there when so many students were.

We have spent the day trying to decide where to stay in Flaine next year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LDM, nicathy, we have stayed at P&V three times and found our last visit particularly noisy Confused Previous visits were noisy towards the end of the week at nightclub throwing out time but last April we found it much worse throughout the whole week (despite our bedrooms being on the side and back of the building). Would still go back though. In terms of the nightclub which is basically underneath the road in front of P&V I think, it is probably likely to be quieter at the Terrasses de Veret end, perhaps, maybe.... Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LDM, Why don't you stay in one of the satellite villages? Quieter, just as good skiing, especially in falling snow its better.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We stayed at Hamu apts last year, very nice apts and a great quiet bar. The only pain was you needed to get the bus back at the end of the day and then a 5 min walk back to the apt. The bar and ski shop were very good. 4 weeks and counting
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The smaller apartment blocks on the other side of the road from P&V can be quieter as their south facing balconies are on the opposite side to the road (i.e. looking down the slope). Although, I'm reluctant to name my preferred choice..... wink
snow report
Anyone got anything more to add on Les Terrasses de Veret?
snow report
They offered us a 20% reduction on the cost next year if we had booked before we left.

We sent an email highlighting our concerns and have been given a 30% reduction if we book but have been told that the student noise is what happens when they finish studying and are happy! A fair point I guess but it seems wrong that they would still be paying less than us even with our reduction.

We will be returning to Flaine (Foret / Forum) for 2 weeks next year but will probably be looking for somewhere else (maybe over the road) so if anyone has any advice please let me know.
ski holidays
LDM, thanks, all your comments have been very helpful. P&V prices are considerably more which I'm surprised about. We noticed an increase in noise last trip to Flaine, as mentioned above, so maybe time to change location despite the perfect proximity to slope, poss down to Les Carroz.

I have been wondering about over the road too though..... Very Happy
snow conditions
If anyone can recomend an appartment for next season it would be greatly appreciated Jan the 28th for 2 weeks. Must have a dedicated double bedroom and decent standard overall.

Many thanks.
snow report
I own an apartment in Les Terrasses de Veret and have been involved in the discussions on 'the student issue' which was centred around Andromede next to Pierre et Vacances during the low season weeks January 22 to February 12 and April 2 to 16 when Flaine was invaded by hundreds of students booked through the Dutch tour operator Sundio who had leased the nightclub under P&V. There are ongoing discussions involving the police and local officials to make sure that it doesn't happen again as Flaine aims to be a family resort.

As far as Les Terrasses de Veret goes it is in a fantastic location and the accommodation is good although the building had been rushed at the end and it showed in some areas including heating in the boot room. All of the issues are currently being attended to and it should be better equipped and fully equipped next year. The pool and spa are great!
snow report
jgr1 wrote:
I own an apartment in Les Terrasses de Veret and have been involved in the discussions on 'the student issue' which was centred around Andromede next to Pierre et Vacances during the low season weeks January 22 to February 12 and April 2 to 16 when Flaine was invaded by hundreds of students booked through the Dutch tour operator Sundio who had leased the nightclub under P&V. There are ongoing discussions involving the police and local officials to make sure that it doesn't happen again as Flaine aims to be a family resort.

As far as Les Terrasses de Veret goes it is in a fantastic location and the accommodation is good although the building had been rushed at the end and it showed in some areas including heating in the boot room. All of the issues are currently being attended to and it should be better equipped and fully equipped next year. The pool and spa are great!

I can sympathise with your situation - when working for a previous operator, we had properties in a resort which was (prior to the influx of Dutch students) very family-orientated. The behaviour of these groups, brought in by a Dutch TO who also leased a previously empty building and turned it into a late-night bar, ranged from a nuisance through to anti-social and verged on aggressive/intimidating. It certainly spoilt the holidays of the families who were there, and gave us huge problems to solve. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Obviously the student issue was a resort issue and will hopefully be resolved otherwise it will spoil the atmosphere in Flaine.

Les Terrasses de Veret has the potential to be one of the best place to stay in the resort, great location, facilities etc it just needs some finishing touches (which sounds like they are being sorted) and issues like the inventory check etc looked into.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy