Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol bevels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, it's dawned on me that the edges on my new skis are not the best...but I have no idea what that angle is or should be! They are 2011 Rossignol Z82's , and while they are nice and stiff so you can lay down the power the edge hold has got drastically worse after a recent shop tune in Chamonix...I reckon they just threw them through with all the crappy rentals. Previously I had a hand tune from queenstown, NZ, and the difference between the before and now is astounding.

Does anyone know what the (a) factory bevel settings are and (b) what an optimal setting is?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a feeling all Rossi's are out of the factory 1,1 or base 1 degree side 89 degree, you possibly had 1,2 or even 1.3 previously, I usually go for .75, 2 and don't generally have grip issues but 3 degrees side edge would give even better hold and doesn't have premature blunting issues apparently!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RozziZ82, spyderjon's website also says 1,1 for Rossignol

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/31/41/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, I have been trawling the net and there are many references to a 1/1 setup as you say for Rossignol, but i'm thinking 1/2 would be a safe bet or maybe even better a 0.75/2 or 0.75/3 as you say, I like to predominently carve and aggressively too...but I also venture off piste into the crud on these as they like to muscle through so maybe a 3 on the side would be a bit much? I don't want it grabbing every mogul / piece of chopped crud. to be honest i'm not even sure I have got that right!

head hurts Puzzled I think I need to drive up to the hand tune man's spyderjon and get him to sort them out Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RozziZ82, spyderjon has my Rossignol Z9.5's at the moment for a service and he also prepped them from new last year but I've never asked him about the angles. They seemed to ski fine though. I'm inclined not to worry about the angles providing they are sharp. I'll have to ask when I pick them up. I did buy one of those edge trick gadgets from him which is useful for deburring/polishing the edges every night.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gatecrasher, 0.75 and 3 is my fav combo... just haven't got round to changing my mid fats from 2 yet LOL.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the feedback, makes me think that the turkeys in the shop just throwing them through at 2 degrees on their machine, then detuning the tips and tails probably gave me some kind of cocked up angle of 1 in places and 2 in others. I will take them in to get them checked.

pokemon , what sort of turnaround do you get on your skis when they are at spyderjons ? a week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RozziZ82, I think it depends on how busy he is. Last time it was a week. This time probably 2 weeks although I think he can prioritise based on how quickly you need them. Give him a call or drop him an email. His contact details are on his website (see link in previous post). If you PM him he doesn't always respond as quickly as it relies on him logging into snowheads.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RozziZ82, The shop prob. just ground them to 90 deg with the rental skis. Edge hold is poorer but 'durability' is better Sad for their rental fleet. I had just the same happen to my Rossi S5's and they were horrible till spyderjon sorted them Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarpa, RozziZ82, Ive just had my salomon lords done to .75,3 for my next trip with the current climate, more aggressive angles are more effective on hardpack etc. and have less or no extra effect in soft snow, hard moguls they will. Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy