Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

G3 Onyx ski touring binding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry if this has already got a thread but interested to know of any opinions of the G3 Onyx binding. I am new to ski touring having come into it from a telemark background where G3 = good gear. So was keen to give the Onyx's a go but I have had problems with them

1 Low heel lifts came off on first day of use they were replaced by G3

2 Whilst skiing on piste they have now pre-released a couple of times. I do ski quite fast and I am about 14 stone am I expecting to much from a touring binding?

3 The toe binding does seem to be awkward and have noticed it has chewed the toe of the boot after about 5 days

3 They are very good for skiinning I much prefer not having the bar underfoot. and I do like the release on the binding but I am getting nervous about skiing them hard?

Thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The worst binding i've ever seen. Too many moving parts make for alot of potential problems.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No the worst binding was a Getch (I think thats right but not sure) plate binding Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are considering the Onyx then you have clearly missed the fact that Dynafit bindings are head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to this type of system.
If only I could put some Dynafit pins in my Vibram pimped FT's! mmmmm even the thought of it gets me excited!
To be fair, I could probably do a better job than Salomon did at putting then in their touring boots!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy