Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

folgarida, is it really that dead?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we like small austrian type villages with decent size ski areas (eg: just back from lanersbach. fantastic trip) we like to push the sking but also like our few beers in the evening. we are all 40+ so not bothered about tecno music clubs but would like 2-3 half decent pubs with some bit of life.
all the searches I have done seem to suggest its just the 1 bar called eta beta with a few hotel bars which are just not the same.
so, anyone been lately? not asking for much as lanersbach only had 3 pubs +1 disco and we made our own fun.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Folgarida last year, Feb half term 2010 with my family. There is indeed only one bar plus the hotels. It's not the best bar. Our hotel was quirky and friendly, serving good food and the lounge was relaxed and friendly too, so we had a nice tiime there. A crowd of 40 something's is going to exhaust the social scene very quickly. More to the point, my wife and I are modest skiers only, but could ski the entire resort every day. You can access the larger resort of Madonna but only via a clogged single route with whacking great queues. The skiing was very pretty. We had a lovely holiday but I doubt that we will go again - not enough runs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jeeeeeus, one bar!! did 3 days in stuben which has 2 and almost went mad with boredom in the evenings/nights. booking a group trip so if I took 10 beer drinkin mountain men there for a week i'd be strung up. thanks for the info
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OMG, one bar, terrible Shocked have you perfected the art of being in two places at once then? Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Folgarida 1300 does have one bar - as mentioned, the Eta Beta. Which I quite liked, on more than a few lively occasions - like most places its what you make it IMO. Toofy Grin The Camineto hotel has (or had) a downstairs bar which was separate from the rest of the place and not too bad from memory.

Depending on who you're staying there with, perhaps your operator or hotel provides a minibus service. 20 minutes to Madonna by road and back after 3 hours was €15 for us. No shortage of places to party there if you fancy a change. It's Italy - most places liven up after about 10pm.

I think there are a few bars in Folgarida 1400, but didn't go there - it's a good 30 minute hike if you don't get a bus.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sanman, ever heard of pub crawl? what if the barman's a 20 stone smelly unhygenic trans sexual axe murderer Skullie , or just that maybe the beers shite! where then?
Chasseur, is 1400 a better bet for accomodation then? closer to lift and slopes? and bars Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
creedgearoid wrote:
so, anyone been lately? .

Yep. I was there today ?

If you're looking for a pub crawl, don't come as you'll be disappointed.
Mind you I managed to go out most nights
The evening ents round tend to be later than most British tourists are used to. Italians don't go out till late. If you go out at say 9pm and then home again around 11pm you'll not find much in the way of crowds, but go out at 11pm and you get the full Italian effect. Me and crowd meet up most nights around 11 so you're welcome to join us if you’re up for it. Send me a PM with your details.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can access the larger resort of Madonna but only via a clogged single route with whacking great queues

This wasn't what I experienced. There are two chairs where the ski areas meet. One heading into each area. I found both to be almost deserted. Depends on the week you go I guess.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Circusthing wrote:
You can access the larger resort of Madonna but only via a clogged single route with whacking great queues

This wasn't what I experienced. There are two chairs where the ski areas meet. One heading into each area. I found both to be almost deserted. Depends on the week you go I guess.

Funny, I've been twice now and not queued in either one direction or the other, either.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy