Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuille or Bardoneccia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Any body been to either of the above this season? what are the conditions/resorts like? i am an early intermediate and my other half is a confident intermediate who can pretty much cope with anything!
thinking about a last minute deal going on the 26th/27th feb.........

cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cbowls30, I was in La Thuile at end of January, for the first time. We were a group of 4 strong skiers and two (very) confident intermediates. We were concerned that there had been almost no snow since Christmas - but the on-piste conditions were really great - and much better than we had in 3Vallees in early January. there was a very good mix of cruisy blues/reds and some lovely (steep) blacks through the trees. The off-piste had huge potential - but was very firm when we were there because of the conditions. The place was as quiet as anywhere I have skied - we often went for long periods without seeing anyone else - and there was not the suggestion of a queue. Prices (in Italy) were much cheaper than the mega resorts. There is an easy option to ski in Courmayeur for a day or two (included on lift pass - and a half hour free bus ride away). I would definitely go back.

We did go across to La Rosiere early on - but didn't go back. We found it much busier, poorer snow and much more expensive eating on the mountain.

However, if you are looking for lively apres ski (we weren't), I would think twice about La Thuile.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Bardonecchia and have skied in La Thuile many times, La Thuile has more piste km's and the oppurtunity to ski into France but as a place to stay is a little drab, the Planibel appartment complex rules La Thuile. Bardonecchia is a proper Italian town with some nice bars and restaurants although certainly not party capital! The snow here in Bardonecchia has lasted pretty well a mix of some very cold weather which allowed lots of snow to be made and a 15 cm fall a couple of weeks ago. More snow is forecast next week with temperatures falling again. I would say ski wise there is not much too choose between them although La Thuile has more KM's but if you are looking for a place with a bit of atmosphere then Bardonecchia wins. this year with a 6 day pass you can have a day out in Montgenevre from Bardo, which both the operators in resort run on a Friday. Please let me know if you want any more info.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richiavo ;
thanks for the info, we are massive fan's of skiing in Italy, we love the people and most of all the food! we've just got back from 4 days in Madesimo and loved the small italian town and we had the slopes to ourselves until the weekend!
We definately like the idea of a small town and really not too bothered about partying too much!

sounds like we may have a plan!..............
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cbowls30, I agree the Planibel complex is a bit soulless and drab but the main village of La Thuile, 10 mins walk away is very pleasant but quiet. There are a couple of bars and some delicious, good value restaurants and that's where the nice family-run hotels are. Plus the 'Chocolate' shop of course. Smile

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p20268-lathuile15s.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is pretty much the same in Bardonecchia through the week you get the slopes to yourselves and then at the weekend Turin arrives! but the second mountain here is very quiet and a bit of local secret and easily reached with a free minibus so you can even have a quiet mountain on Saturday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy