Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Tignes from Lyon Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this is probably covered somewhere here on Snowheads, but I can't find it. Is there an 'easy' train/bus/shared lift' that goes up to Tignes from Lyon? We are arriving on Easyjet flight at 1015am. 'We' is me and 2 young kids, so the transfer needs to be as straightforward as possible. All advice gratefully received - thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try www.altibus.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brookside,
Altibus requires a change at BSM and is not the quickest, don't know how you would connect with the flight back if it is early. For two people car hire was almost as cheap (though watch parking costs) and far more convenient.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi there

we are getting the train from lyon to bourg st maurice and then the bus from bourg st maurice to tignes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brookside, drive
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try ww.ski4funtransfers.co.uk...... they could help
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brookside,

as bertie bassett says hire a car. Anybody vaguely competent in a car can do the drive especially with a morning flight so you've got the day to get there !
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For someone on their own with two young children a hired car might not be the easiest - if the weather is bad and snowchains needed then it could really be a bit of a pain (I'm very used to snowchains these days, but I remember one drive to Les Gets with my sister, many years ago, when we had chains with a hire car but no idea how to fit them and we drove with our hearts in our mouth, dreading slithering to a stop in very heavy snow and incurring the ire of everyone else on the road). The drive up to tignes can be a bit challenging in bad weather. If it's snows heavily (as one would hope) digging a car out of a snowdrift isn't much fun either, when you're on your own.

Brookside, I'd go for altibus - if you can't get into your accommodation till later in the day (which is often the case) there's no hurry. If you have an early flight out you might need to get a taxi. Taxi is easiest all round but not cheap!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i might be able to help you out mate, drop me an email with your flight details alig_bigdog@hotmail.co.uk. cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brookside, With kids in tow you want to make sure you travel with someone who holds an international transfer licence. There are many people offering transfers who do not have this qualification and they are not legal. Hence why I suggest you try ski4funtransfers as they are licenced. We use them with a little one and they are most reliable and good price.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

try ski4funtransfers.....are most reliable and good price.

Lyon -> Tignes: 265 euros each way for 3 people Shocked . Yes, very good price.....I guess that's why Brookside is after a shared transfer.

I'd go for the hire car option. Yes, there's a chance of snow on the roads but also a decent chance that it will be fine. In the past 23 years on visits to scores of European ski areas (including about ten drives up to Tignes) I've only had to fit chains twice (Malbun in Liechtenstein and the Col de Montgenevre) - otherwise, snow tyres on hire cars have done the job......although admittedly there have been a couple of occasions where perhaps I should have fitted the chains.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

try ski4funtransfers.....are most reliable and good price.

Lyon -> Tignes: 265 euros each way for 3 people Shocked . Yes, very good price.....I guess that's why Brookside is after a shared transfer.

I'd go for the hire car option. Yes, there's a chance of snow on the roads but also a decent chance that it will be fine. In the past 23 years on visits to scores of European ski areas (including about ten drives up to Tignes) I've only had to fit chains twice (Malbun in Liechtenstein and the Col de Montgenevre) - otherwise, snow tyres on hire cars have done the job......although admittedly there have been a couple of occasions where perhaps I should have fitted the chains.

You can get shared transfer with them hence the reason to contact them. Shared transfer can be as much as 200 euros in total which is far cheaper than hiring a car especially when you have 2 kids and maybe need to hire car seats, snow chains and all the insurances. By the time you have added tolls, petrol and all the extras you won't get much change out of 400 euros if you need a car for 4.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you everyone for your help. I'll look at ski4funtransfers and hire car costs - but the idea of a shared transfer still appeals to reduce travel hassle! Really helpful information above...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi everyone looking for a transfer from Lyon Airport to Tignes for next season (2015 / 2016). Ben's Bus will be expanding to cover this route as of next year. More information can be found here http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/lyon-airport-to-tignes/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent - more options - will now have to search Lyon flights as well.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy