Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying new ski boots Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi my boots no longer fit me, i'm off to Schlamding in Austria soon anyone have any thoughts on how service and price compare in resort shops compared to uk shops, any info would be great Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here are a few links to Schladming shops for you to compare ...

http://www.blue-tomato.com/en/Ski-Boots/category.bto;jsessionid=0a1e042a1f4996613a545e6d41778c7a8f9137676c9e.node2?category=110600

http://www.tritscher.at/templates/tritscher-standard-shop.php?topic=Suchergebnisse&suche%5Border%5D%5Bshop_article_options.price%5D=ASC&suche%5Border%5D%5Bt2.text%5D=ASC&suche%5Border%5D%5Bt1.text%5D=ASC&subtopics=ws_equ_skischuhe&manufacturer=&suche%5Bfields%5D%5Bglobalsearch%5D=&suchen=Finden

Maybe Flangesax who lives nearby can give some local advice on bootfitters.[/b]
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SCOOBY52, OT: What on earth did you do so your boots no longer fit you? Injury? Trauma?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's just that the liners have packed out but the shells are a good fit you could consider just replacing the liner.

Quote:

Try a shell-fit. The first thing that should happen when you're trying on a ski boot is a shell-fit. To do this, take the liner out of the shell (often more difficult than it looks) and slide your foot (with a thin sock) into the plastic shell only. With the boot on the floor, slowly slide you foot forward until you are just touching the end of the boot with your toes. With your foot in this position reach your hand behind your heel to the space between your foot and the back of the boot; you should have no more than two fingers (about 1 ¼ inches) of space there. Any more than this and the boot will actually be too big for you.

Here is where an experienced fitter can help you because if you ski more than 40 or 50 days a year, you probably want to go smaller than a two-finger or “comfort fit” into a one-finger or “performance fit.”

http://www.howtodothings.com/sports-recreation/how-to-buy-ski-boots

http://www.southernski.com/how-to-buy-ski-boots.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi thanks for posts my problem is that I've not worn my boots for a few yrs and now they're too tight around my toes no way I could wear them for 10 mins let alone all day !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SCOOBY52, Take them to a local bootfitter as they might be able to expand toe section of boot. I had that done a few years ago with a pair of boots that were giving me trouble. I now have Strolz boots and have never had any issues at all
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If the boots are very old it might be better going for a new pair.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=8769
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SCOOBY52, What size are you? I've got a great pair of Tecnica Diablo Magma HiPerFit boots for sale size 8.5UK, Mondo 27.5. Any good? Bargain vs new if they fit. Gone for a touring boot so these beauties are looking for a new home, excellent condition.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
SCOOBY52, What size are you? I've got a great pair of Tecnica Diablo Magma HiPerFit boots for sale size 8.5UK, Mondo 27.5. Any good? Bargain vs new if they fit. Gone for a touring boot so these beauties are looking for a new home, excellent condition.

Thanks for the offer but will be too small Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy